IConcierge app

dizneydawn

I babysat the grandkids when my son went out of the country. He had me put 2 apps on my phone. One was Viper and the other the WhatsApp. We were able to text back and forth without any extra charges with the WhatsApp and call with the Viper app without any charges.

I still have the apps on my phone so I might try those. I also noticed that people are buying SIM cards in Italy for their phones. One lady that we are going on an excursion with said she is paying 20 Euros for her SIM card and it will last her a month.

Monica

Whatsapp uses data to transmit "text" messages, like imessage. You will need a data connection (ie. wifi) to use it. And thus will have to pay for wifi or the roaming charges to use your own data connection. Texting is likely cheaper.

Thank you everyone for replying.

1st question- Does it work on the Sun?

2- Do I have to be connected to the ship's wifi for it to work? Do I pay per minute or do I buy the $8 package?

3- What does the $8 package allow me to do?

Again, many thanks!

The app works through the ship's wife ( NOT internet). The $8 is per device and allows unlimited calling and texting via the app to others on board the ship who also have the app. Get the PDF from NCL for info.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how much the per minute cost is to call off-ship through the app? I know these things are subject to change, and the most recent price I can find is $.79 per minute back in 2013. Verizon charges $2.50 AND you get charged for incoming calls even if you don't answer.

I get a lot of calls every day from work folks and want to make sure my boss is the only one who can call me if it's an emergency. I figure if I can connect to the app before sailaway, I can text him the # the app assigns so he can call me even if my phone is in airplane mode.