Steak in "chops"

This was the 12oz New York strip my cousin was served in "Chops" this past Tuesday on the grandeur of the seas. I have never been to Chops so I don't know what their steaks look like.

Is this how they are served? There were 6 of them at dinner and all but one was served their steak exactly like this.

Comments please!

image.jpg.3c45ddd348427cf17dc2466ccc761b47.jpg

I love Royal, but I no longer love Chops. I used to eat there at least twice each cruise, but the new menu changed that. Smaller steaks for higher prices and elimination of my favorite side orders and desserts has made Chops an after thought for me. I'll be interested to see if these changes actually result in more revenue from Chops, or will it mean the end of Chops?

This was the 12oz New York strip my cousin was served in "Chops" this past Tuesday on the grandeur of the seas. I have never been to Chops so I don't know what their steaks look like.

Is this how they are served? There were 6 of them at dinner and all but one was served their steak exactly like this.

Comments please!

It seems you answered your own question with a picture and reports on 5 others

It seems you answered your own question with a picture and reports on 5 others

They all thought something was wrong. The only one that got a nice thick steak without a moat of fat was the one person. Plus there was not another sole in chops with them so they could not even look at what other people had.

I just looked at the tiny photo but it does not look real appetizing with the steak fat circling the plate. I am eating there next cruise but not ordering steak. We got a discount for first night dining. I do think the presentation is lacking.

We are also of the no chops any longer group, the quality of the product and presentation has diminished over the years, our first few times in chops it was just like you expected in a fine steak house. We now go to the other restaurants offered.

Chops has changed a lot since they first introduced it. In the beginning they brought out the cuts of meat and you picked out what you wanted.

It was top notch. Like a Ruth Chris. And it was $20

Now it's a similar to an Outback and it's $35.

Even with the D+ first night discount I don't think it's worth it. I have a steak in Giovanni's much better than Chops and cheaper.

They all thought something was wrong. The only one that got a nice thick steak without a moat of fat was the one person. Plus there was not another sole in chops with them so they could not even look at what other people had.

And what did the manager of chops say when they inquired about the steaks while in the restaurant:rolleyes:

After a few bad experiences in Chops, I thought I was the only person in the no-more-Chops camp while others raved about it. Now it appears others are discovering its shortcomings.

I'm not a fan either. There were some good things about our Chops meal on Allure, but several negatives as well that tipped it to the "not worth it" side for me.

We've never been, partly because you can get the Filet in the main dining room for $15. That makes the upcharge for the app/sides/dessert $20, which never seemed worth it.

(If the filet would be the steak you would get)