Immigration Form

kimscruisin

We are on the Canada/New England Itinerary in a couple of weeks, and Princess sent out an e-mail about missing immigration forms. We are U.S. citizens with valid U.S. Passports, and all my guest information says complete. Just wondering, is this a standard e-mail for everyone on this itinerary or is action needed on my part ? We have never sailed Princess, so I'm not sure of their policies.

I can't give you an answer, but I would suggest that you contact your travel agent if you are using one and call Princess if you aren't. It sounds like some part of the Princess system isn't happy, even if things look fine on-line. Don't risk grief at the pier.

They send out a general reminder to everyone about two weeks before the cruise starts. Sailings that visit a US port of call on the first day of the cruise have stricter reporting requirements, so they want to make sure everyone completes their info in advance.

Thanks so much for the responses. I called Princess, they said these are just reminders for those that have not completed on-line check in process. If you are able to print boarding passes and shows complete--you are good to go. Since this is the first time we are sailing Princess, we just weren't sure if we needed to do something else.

They send out a general reminder to everyone about two weeks before the cruise starts. Sailings that visit a US port of call on the first day of the cruise have stricter reporting requirements, so they want to make sure everyone completes their info in advance.

We started getting these very ominous sounding emails on a few cruises earlier this year.

Unfortunately, these are sent to you, whether you've completed the immigration info or not........so you wonder if you've omitted something.

After getting a few of these, you can breath a little easier and ignore them.

Princess should send emails out only to the passengers that have NOT completed the info.

It really does make you second guess yourself. Although, we have never sailed with Princess, we are seasoned cruises, and we've never had this happen before. I'm sure they are just protecting themselves from liability if someone is denied boarding. I agree, only if the information is missing should the e-mail be sent out. I guess this way though, no one is missed.

Princess should send emails out only to the passengers that have NOT completed the info.

At the very least they should revise the text to say something along the lines of 'if you have completed online checkin and printed your boarding pass you should be fine, but we are reminding all passengers to review the requirements'.... Or something along those lines.