Can you have split funds on sail & sign card

HoustonLisa50

Newbie question. I'm leaving tomorrow on the Triumph for a 5 day out of Galveston and I'm confused about how to set up my s&s card. I have OBC from my TA that I plan on using to fund my card, but my friend wants to pay for all of my drinks. She already has it set up so I have charging privileges through her, but I don't want her to pay for anything other than my drinks. Can I split the funding on my card and choose who to charge when I buy something? I know getting Cheers would solve this problem, but we're not big drinkers so it would be lost money.

Any advice is appreciated.

OMG...we sail tomorrow!

Hi,

You'd have to have an awful lot of OBC to be able to completely fund your card with it! You'll have to use more cash or a credit card or something else in your name unless your friend is also going to pay for your tips and whatever else you do on board.

You need to have your own funding for your own card.

IF your friend is paying for drinks then you'd use her card to pay when you buy those drinks and your card when you want to pay for things yourself.

I don't know if an additional card could be created for you to have charging privileges but I would ask for that towards the beginning of the sailing and see what guest services say. I would also talk to them and let them know what you are trying to do...they will tell you the best way to proceed.

I think you will have to charge any to your account when she is not there. You can go to the guest services towards the end of the cruise and ask for the charges to be transferred to her account so she can pay them. She could also put a cash deposit or pay cash for that amount if she preferred.

Whatever you do have fun!

Newbie question. I'm leaving tomorrow on the Triumph for a 5 day out of Galveston and I'm confused about how to set up my s&s card. I have OBC from my TA that I plan on using to fund my card, but my friend wants to pay for all of my drinks. She already has it set up so I have charging privileges through her, but I don't want her to pay for anything other than my drinks. Can I split the funding on my card and choose who to charge when I buy something? I know getting Cheers would solve this problem, but we're not big drinkers so it would be lost money.

Any advice is appreciated.

OMG...we sail tomorrow!

You don't have to set up your S&S card ahead of time. You always have the option of doing it at check-in or once on board. I do not believe you can have charging privileges on 2 separate accounts, but I may be wrong. I agree with the poster below. You can also have charges transferred at any time, but you will both have to be at guest services at the same time because you will both have to sign for the transfer.

I don't know if an additional card could be created for you to have charging privileges but I would ask for that towards the beginning of the sailing and see what guest services say. I would also talk to them and let them know what you are trying to do...they will tell you the best way to proceed.

I think you will have to charge any to your account when she is not there. You can go to the guest services towards the end of the cruise and ask for the charges to be transferred to her account so she can pay them. She could also put a cash deposit or pay cash for that amount if she preferred.

Whatever you do have fun!