I have been saying it for years....

About the edocs now- when do they arrive in email? Cruise is pd in full we sail thanksgiving week. Do they come from our TA or Royal? Last cruise was long ago on freedom. I know i have to print tags if I want them but just wondering when to look online.

Thanks,

Barb

I know what you mean.

Going to Disney in a few weeks, getting this package really gets you excited about it.

imagejpg1.jpg

Still, edocs are getting more and more common. I still bring with me paper copies of reservations, but services like TripIt (as well as vendor apps) do make storing/recalling travel info much easier.

Edited by JasonV1

About the edocs now- when do they arrive in email? Cruise is pd in full we sail thanksgiving week. Do they come from our TA or Royal? Last cruise was long ago on freedom. I know i have to print tags if I want them but just wondering when to look online.

Thanks,

Barb

You should get email notification that edocs are ready about 49 days before the cruise. You can also use Royal's website to check for edocs on your cruise summary page.

Assuming you you checked in online ahead of final payment your boarding pass is ready within a few days of making that payment.

I want to think that rest of the eDocs are ready just under 60 days out. This past spring mine were ready on March 10 for a cruise (Allure) the first week of April. The email comes from the documentation@royal email address.

Just complete your checkin ahead of final payment and everything will be ready as soon as is possible.

Thanks,

Barb

Edited by JasonV1

Talk about a mark-up it cost RCL about $3.50 to send out. Or enough to say we don't wont to bother with you anymore.

It was more fun to get it in the mail and the booklets looked really nice, the luggage tags, the info about places to visit ..... but there had to be more than just the 3.50 for each booklet ( printing, handling + postage) ..... and even at 3.50 for each document sent ..... that had to be milions of dol each year.

I miss it a little but not that much (35 dol).

Edited by wieslaw

Talk about a mark-up it cost RCL about $3.50 to send out. Or enough to say we don't wont to bother with you anymore.

How did you come up with a figure of $3.50. I would have thought it might have been significantly more when you consider printing, postage, man hours for stuffing envelopes etc.

I am sure it still does not cost $35 but I guess that figure is to persuade you to use e docs.

Assuming you you checked in online ahead of final payment your boarding pass is ready within a few days of making that payment.

I want to think that rest of the eDocs are ready just under 60 days out. This past spring mine were ready on March 10 for a cruise (Allure) the first week of April. The email comes from the documentation@royal email address.

Just complete your checkin ahead of final payment and everything will be ready as soon as is possible.

You can print your SetSail Pass within hours of making final payment. E-docs are issued 49 days prior to departure. If you have booked air through Choice Air, then e-docs can be issued up to 2 weeks prior to departure.

Doc dance just isn't as fun when they arrive in your inbox. But I understand....just not as fun...

Kathy

I get excited when I see the word "Issued" under Documents on my Cruise Planner Page.:D Now, I don't have to wait for my TA to get them and then either have me drive out to pick them up or send them to me in the mail where they can get lost.

That could very well be correct just for the stamp. But, the cost to produce the book would be way more, paper, ink, labor, etc.. Times 70,000 cruising weekly, DO, ='s 35,000 books mailed weekly at lets say 15$ to produce. That's millions a year

Of course no one would have cruises booked with a cruise line that tells its customers we won't bother with you anymore, so the little booklet would not matter

Edited by setsail

You should get email notification that edocs are ready about 49 days before the cruise. You can also use Royal's website to check for edocs on your cruise summary page.

We just got our notice at 23 days before our Oct. 26 TA.

Called C&A who said they had not been issued yet, would be coming out "soon", received them that afternoon.

Sherri:)

We just got our notice at 23 days before our Oct. 26 TA.

Called C&A who said they had not been issued yet, would be coming out "soon", received them that afternoon.

There are some situations that delay cruise docs. I know that having Choice Air is one of them.

There are some situations that delay cruise docs. I know that having Choice Air is one of them.

We've always done Choice Air for any cruises where we are flying out of the country. Amazing how much cheaper Choice Air is for flying outside US. This is the latest cruise docs have ever been issued for us.:D Usually, we get them about 4-5 weeks before.

Edited by sjb317

Thanks,

Barb

We sail Thanksgiving and just got ours today. We have two rooms booked - only got one set of edocs. We booked thru a TA.

Kathy