Castaway Cay ????

falcon5travels

Ha anyone pre-reserved any of the tours and "toys"? Were they worth it? Were they sold out of any thing that you wished you had pre-booked? Is the Island too big to walk around in the heat and see everything? Could I snorkel off the beach on my own or do I have to do a tour? Thanks everyone!

We have been there twice, we walked to the adult beach to see it, a nice walk and not too far, we never booked 'toys' etc as we have a boat here so have tubes etc. Favorite beach was family as we enjoyed it with the kids.

Never snorkeled last time but intend taking our stuff this time round, I heard they have an area to snorkel where they have mickey etc under water for you to find, I don't believe you have to be on a tour to do this.

Ha anyone pre-reserved any of the tours and "toys"? Were they worth it? Were they sold out of any thing that you wished you had pre-booked? Is the Island too big to walk around in the heat and see everything? Could I snorkel off the beach on my own or do I have to do a tour? Thanks everyone!

On our first Disney cruise we pre-reserved the "toys" and then didn't on our next 3. They will have plenty of the rings/mats for you to rent so you can wait on those. You can snorkel off the beach on our own, you don't need a tour. You can either rent the equipment from Disney or bring your own. You're not allowed to walk the whole island, just certain areas. If you want to see another side, just take the tram to the adult beach and then get off and walk the rest. Better yet, rent the bikes and explore, it's great fun.

If you do want to do things like the banana boat ride, those I would suggest pre-reserving as that and some other things do sell out.

On our last two cruises with DCL we have booked the castaway cay getaway package. We like to snorkel there because of the predator nets at the family beach. The kids love the floats and the bike rides. I only do the snorkel. You do not have to pre book this package. You can wait to do this on the ship. I have never seen it sold out before.

DCL has a tram that you can ride on to many places at CC.

• 1 month later...

Archived