Princess Transfers

sailingthrulife

When I stayed in a "Princess" hotel before the cruise (once in Vancouver and once in Houston) the procedure was a follows:

When we got to the room, there was a letter from Princess that explained the procedure. In Vancouver, we stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel, which is built right on the pier. The bellmen came to the room in the morning and the luggage appeared on the ship after we boarded.

In Houston, they again picked up the luggage. We assembled in a lounge and when our group was called, we were led outside. We were instructed not to get on the bus until we confirmed our luggage had been brought down to the bus. We did so. When the luggage showed up, it was loaded onto the bus and we went to the port. We took one carry on with us to check in and the rest was taken care of.

We are using Princess Transfers to LAX when we disembark. Will our luggage be handled for us or do we still need to pick it up and take to princess shuttle?

-Thanks for your replies..

It has been my experience that the only time Princess will take custody of your luggage at disembarkation is at the ports that have the Princess E-Z Check program such as Ft. Lauderdale. This program costs $20 p/p plus any airline baggage fees. With this program you will have a form in your cabin that you fill out and take along with your flight schedule to the passenger services desk a few days before disembarkation. Then, within 24 hours of your flight's departure, the ship will print out your boarding passes and airline baggage tags. Put the tags on you luggage and set it outside of your cabin the last night onboard. You will next see your luggage when you get to the baggage claim area of your home airport. When you disembark the ship you will go directly to customs then on to your Princess transfer motor coach for transport to the airport. The last time I disembarked in L.A. was 2 years ago and they did not offer this E-Z Check program at that port.

Thanks for your replies. We aren't staying in a Princess hotel, so I'm afraid we'll have to identify and bring to transfer.
You are far better off if you're staying at a hotel near LAX or the port if you take either Super Shuttle or PrimeTime Shuttle. The only benefit to the transfer from LAX is that once on the bus, your luggage will be taken off and delivered to your cabin without you handling it. But you'll pay for that with the higher Princess transfer cost.

We use transfers from port to airport in San Fran. We put our luggage in the hall the night before. Then the next mornig, once our group went off the ship we went to a terminal where shuttles were lined up. You grabbed your luggage (they are gouped together by group) and then we rolled it to our shuttle (large bus). The driver put it in the bottom and on the shuttle we went. When you get to the airport they take it back out - and your off. There were a few ships in port that day, and the taxi line was long, so we were gratful for the shuttle.

You are far better off if you're staying at a hotel near LAX or the port if you take either Super Shuttle or PrimeTime Shuttle. The only benefit to the transfer from LAX is that once on the bus, your luggage will be taken off and delivered to your cabin without you handling it. But you'll pay for that with the higher Princess transfer cost.

OP was asking about when disembarking

We use transfers from port to airport in San Fran. We put our luggage in the hall the night before. Then the next mornig, once our group went off the ship we went to a terminal where shuttles were lined up. You grabbed your luggage (they are gouped together by group) and then we rolled it to our shuttle (large bus). The driver put it in the bottom and on the shuttle we went. When you get to the airport they take it back out - and your off. There were a few ships in port that day, and the taxi line was long, so we were gratful for the shuttle.

If this is what happens upon disembarkment from port of LA to LAX I would feel better about the extra cost for using Princess Transfers. But perhaps it may vary by port.

OP was asking about when disembarking
Opps... you're right. Same thing applies... you're better off using PrimeTime Shuttle or Super Shuttle. Cheaper and you don't have to wait for the whole bus to fill. You pick up your luggage as usual and drag it to the transfer bus. When the bus arrives at your terminal, your luggage will be taken off and it's up to you to take it from there. A shuttle van can drop you off directly in front of the terminal which the bus can't do.

oh boy.. Thanks for the clarification Pam. I set sail on the 13th. but I'm leaving Wednesday morning for a 5 night event on Catalina island and I'm not sure I have enough time to cancel with princess and get something arranged with PT or SS BUT I'll tell you what I wont hesitate next time to bypass princess transfers.. I'm still looking forward to my cruise and I'll go with the flow... Thanks again!

Does anyone know if EZ check is available yet from the port of LA to LAX??

We have a very late flight from LAX after disembarkation from the Crown in November, so we booked an LA City tour and the tour picks us up at 9am. The tour guide told us to carry our stuff off and not to leave it outside the cabin the night before.

Here's the problem...someone mentioned that Princess will only let you walk off with your luggage if you only have 1 suitcase each! We will have 3 between us and a carry on.

So now what do we do???:confused:

oh boy.. Thanks for the clarification Pam. I set sail on the 13th. but I'm leaving Wednesday morning for a 5 night event on Catalina island and I'm not sure I have enough time to cancel with princess and get something arranged with PT or SS BUT I'll tell you what I wont hesitate next time to bypass princess transfers.. I'm still looking forward to my cruise and I'll go with the flow... Thanks again!

Let me know how the Princess transfers worked out. I have them scheduled (at this point) for our up-coming cruise in January.

Hope your cruise went well.

We just used the Princess transfer to the Los Angeles Airport at the end of our

Coastal Cruise in September

Yes - must pick up your luggage yourself in the correct "color coded" area

(no big deal)

Yes - you lug it yourself to one of the waiting buses (several waiting - someone will tell you which one, based on the airline that you are traveling on)

Yes - you wait until the bus "fills up" (all of 5 whole minutes for us)

The bus took us DIRECTLY to the correct airline (curb-side) airline check-in -

no problem

We have used Princess transfers several times - have never had a problem