Keeping Fit While Cruising

BBMacLaird

So here's my story: staff will thwart your efforts at cutting down on food consumption;) On our last cruise, which was way too long ago, we had a lovely, relaxed lunch in the MDR on a sea day and were lucky enough to have our favorite dinner waiter, Ernesto, as our server, so we were already on friendly terms. I had a conservative meal and was content. Ernesto insisted that the key lime pie had just been made and was the best we would ever taste. He urged us to try it. I do love key lime pie, but since I'm not a dessert person, I had no problem resisting temptation, so I declined. But my husband took the bait...suffice it to say that upon tasting it, I was hooked, too. Ernesto was all ready with my very own serving. I am very fussy about my sweets, and can honestly say that this was absolutely worth the extra calories!

So here's my story: staff will thwart your efforts at cutting down on food consumption;) On our last cruise, which was way too long ago, we had a lovely, relaxed lunch in the MDR on a sea day and were lucky enough to have our favorite dinner waiter, Ernesto, as our server, so we were already on friendly terms. I had a conservative meal and was content. Ernesto insisted that the key lime pie had just been made and was the best we would ever taste. He urged us to try it. I do love key lime pie, but since I'm not a dessert person, I had no problem resisting temptation, so I declined. But my husband took the bait...suffice it to say that upon tasting it, I was hooked, too. Ernesto was all ready with my very own serving. I am very fussy about my sweets, and can honestly say that this was absolutely worth the extra calories!

If that's what you're going for, I suggest you not look at all the photos Bonnie just posted of the new lunch menu in Discoveries!! It will undo your willpower in a flash. ;)

"If that's what you're going for, I suggest you not look at all the photos Bonnie just posted of the new lunch menu in Discoveries!! It will undo your willpower in a flash."

I agree...they look delicious and are beautifully plated, but for the most part appear to be light and nicely (on the small side) portioned!

"If that's what you're going for, I suggest you not look at all the photos Bonnie just posted of the new lunch menu in Discoveries!! It will undo your willpower in a flash."

I agree...they look delicious and are beautifully plated, but for the most part appear to be light and nicely (on the small side) portioned!

if i went i woul bee doing the tuna starter-maybe double.. do ont do burgers. .so i would be ok.. desserts look nice but ijust to not eeat them on cruise- like once a cruise.

i use the stairs and the track.