Water Taxi Fort Lauderdale

SMSACE6

I am going to be arriving at my hotel way before checkin time, since I will be debarking from a cruise, so will probably be at the hotel between 10am and 11. There is a water taxi stop right at my hotel. So I am planning to check my bag at the hotel, and then ride the water taxi. Question is; can I ride around a couple or three times, or will they kick me off at some point. I am just trying to kill some time. I might get off at some point, go have lunch somewhere, but even when I get back on, might have to ride around a few times before I can check in at the hotel. Thanks for any info:)

You might be on the water taxi longer than you think. It took close to 3 hrs to get back to where we started! If you get off and go to lunch, your room will probably be ready when you return if you do the whole route.

Edited by royalcruz

Royalcruz: Are you saying that if we did the full water taxi route it would take 3 hours? Would we see more sights on the water taxi or on the Carrie B?

That depends on where you leave from, and if it is considered inbound or outbound. If you don't have a destination, you'll probably just jump on the first boat that arrives. We left from Gallery One and it took about 3 hrs to return. It went to the 17th St bridge, then turned around, went up and down the New River, then back to 17th St before heading back up the intracoastal. So if you boarded near 17th St. the round trip would be shorter. The staff on the water taxi usually give a narrated tour but that is not part of their job. I don't think that the Carrie B does as much of the intracoastal, but it's probably a nicer tour.

Thanks for the water taxi info. Since we're staying at ES prior to our cruise, we can go back there after the cruise and check our luggage. We just have to decide if we want to do that or pay $50 for a day room at the Rodeway Inn. But these boards have shown some negative comments about Rodeway. Any suggestions?