Seward to Anchorage

GORDONCHICK

We are looking for an economical and timely way to get from Seward port to ANC. There will be 3 of us. It's $600m less to rent a car RT ANC than from Seward to ANC (for a total of a week) since there's only one rental car option in Seward.

price a 1-day rental for the Seward/Anc leg then a RT rental in downtown Anc for the rest of the trip. Don't know if it will be cheaper or not, but it's an option.

Other options for Seward to Anchorage include:

Park Connection Bus, Alaska Railroad, Seward Busline, cruise transfer, independent transfer

We are looking for an economical and timely way to get from Seward port to ANC. There will be 3 of us. It's $600m less to rent a car RT ANC than from Seward to ANC (for a total of a week) since there's only one rental car option in Seward.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I believe you have asked this question before..and I'll offer the same response to you I did then.

www.alaskacruisetransfer.com

We used this company this past May when we (family of 5) needed to get to ANC before the cruiseline offered train would arrive (usually my favorite transportation from Seward to ANC).

Best of luck and enjoy Alaska :)

Perhaps I'm wrong but I believe you have asked this question before..and I'll offer the same response to you I did then.

We used this company this past May when we (family of 5) needed to get to ANC before the cruiseline offered train would arrive (usually my favorite transportation from Seward to ANC).

Best of luck and enjoy Alaska :)

Thanks. I did a search and couldn't find my old thread. I thought I had asked before and forgot to follow the thread.

Thanks. I did a search and couldn't find my old thread. I thought I had asked before and forgot to follow the thread.

Oh...don't you hate when that happens.:eek:

Glad I saw your post again and remembered you...Best of luck with whatever works out well...Enjoy Alaska :)

Oh...don't you hate when that happens.:eek:

Glad I saw your post again and remembered you...Best of luck with whatever works out well...Enjoy Alaska :)

Yes, I do! I checked one day one way car rental and it's $250, so your option is better!

Yes, I do! I checked one day one way car rental and it's $250, so your option is better!

It might be better purely from an economic perspective. But depending on how much time you have post-cruise and what your plans are, it might be well worth it to pay a few more dollars and rent the car for a day. Lots of activities you can do on the drive from Seward to Anchorage, especially along Turnagain Arm, which is the +-60 miles south of Anchorage. You wouldn't stop much if at all with a pure cruise transfer.

It might be better purely from an economic perspective. But depending on how much time you have post-cruise and what your plans are, it might be well worth it to pay a few more dollars and rent the car for a day. Lots of activities you can do on the drive from Seward to Anchorage, especially along Turnagain Arm, which is the +-60 miles south of Anchorage. You wouldn't stop much if at all with a pure cruise transfer.

Very true, but we'll have a week so the savings is worth it for us. We'll put that money to good use somewhere else in AK.

We have a similar problem: 6 of us will be traveling from Seward to Anchorage post cruise. Our flight leaves at 5:45 pm from Anchorage. We'd like to "use up" the time inbetween the disembarkation and arrival at the airport (around 3 pm) with an interesting drive - we would rather not drive ourselves and I know the train is out due to time. Does anyone have any suggestions? A private tour guide/transfer would be perfect!

Thanks for any suggestions!

frk (and jrk)

Edited by jrkfrk

We have a similar problem: 6 of us will be traveling from Seward to Anchorage post cruise. Our flight leaves at 5:45 pm from Anchorage. We'd like to "use up" the time inbetween the disembarkation and arrival at the airport (around 3 pm) with an interesting drive - we would rather not drive ourselves and I know the train is out due to time. Does anyone have any suggestions? A private tour guide/transfer would be perfect!

frk (and jrk)

Did you check out BudgetQueens suggestion ? PJ's taxi in Seward. Rene has done these private tours for several years.

The Magic Bus has vehicles of different sizes. I know people who have used them for the Whittier transfer but they also go to Seward.

Look at city of anchorage web site for a listing of transfer companies, http://www.anchorage.net. The only tour company I'm familiar with is Salmonberry; a private transfer with them might be pricey but it doesn't cost anything to ask.

p.s. there are a couple of iffy transfer companies out there so check with the BBB or ask here for feedback.

Edited by mapleleaves
p.s.

frk (and jrk)

Why is the train not an option? The cruise contracted train (at least RCI's) arrives into ANC at 11:30am and it's a great 126 mile narrated trip.

In addition the private bus transfer I suggest above offers along the way tours based on different time factors...we just happen to need the quick direct non-stop bus from them.

frk (and jrk)

For 6, PJ's will be the least expensive option. Our party of 4 used PJ's in July to get from Seward to Whittier. Excellent service.