Riviera Penthouse

Winters Gate

9145 is one of the two PH's aft with an extended verandah, but this comes at the cost of reduced inside space in the stateroom itself.

This is very noticeable in the walk in wardrobe - lack of hanging space (much reduced space compared to the regular) and very narrow, and the reduced space between the end of the bed and the dressing table unit.

Having been in a "regular" PH and seen this exact suite, I would never trade the inside space for the outside. This was not just our opinion, but some do like the extra outside space. More movement as well if you're prone to any seasickness. It's your choice. :)

I don't know about tropicalkerry but we've never had an issue with anyone looking in our suite! Never really have the door open except for obviously coming in and out! I did notice that if we walked past an open stateroom, for example while they were servicing the suite, the stewardesses do block the room. And the butlers are very deft at opening and shutting the doors with trays etc! The last time on Riviera, we had the stateroom right opposite the laundry on deck 10 and never heard a cheep! And I was concerned that we might, as I am a very light sleeper and the tales of laundry squabbles! ;)

It is the PHs at the aft on Deck 7 that have the wrap around balcony, and smaller room. If you do a search of cabin 7135, you will see this, also check deck plans.

7135 has an aft view, 9145 does NOT.

In 9145, the balcony was normal size, not wraparound, and the walk in closet was normal size.

We thought the whole room looked bigger than the PH that we had to move to for the second leg. Probably just an illusion from having the beds on the left to the beds on the right side in the second PH.

Also if I recall, 9145 was a PH3, 7135 is a PH1 because of bigger wraparound balcony, and aft view

So not losing any space or getting bigger balcony in 9145, those rooms are on 7.

I like the PH on 10th floor close by the stairs so I can use the stairs to go the executive lounge. 9145 is a long way if you plan on using the lounge. The lounge on 9th floor is not for use for PH suites. I usually pick the 10008 or higher if given a choice.

so that we could use the Concierge Lounge, rather than the Executive lounge.

I don't believe that type of switching should be permitted, because they would obviously not allow a Concierge Guest to use the Executive Lounge simply because it was more "convenient".

The whole concept is "hard feelings" waiting to happen.

Edited by StanandJim

Any time that you are directly under the pool deck, there is the potential to hear people shifting the chairs above you, but my major concern about that location would be its' proximity to the sole outdoor smoking area on the ship.

120150.jpg Smoking is permitted on "the forward end of the pool-deck on the Starboard side" which puts it at that grouping of 4 tables, just outside the rest rooms, and almost directly above 11025.

Any time that you are directly under the pool deck, there is the potential to hear people shifting the chairs above you, but my major concern about that location would be its' proximity to the sole outdoor smoking area on the ship.

120150.jpg Smoking is permitted on "the forward end of the pool-deck on the Starboard side" which puts it at that grouping of 4 tables, just outside the rest rooms, and almost directly above 11025.

We spoke to our TA, and changed to 11017. We'll probably book this suite with suites above and below us. Thanks

9145 is a bit isolated from most other PH suites, do you get the same service from the butler that if one were were among the other PH in the bow?

Is the bow or the stern most sensitive to rough seas?

We have been in 7128 and 7130 for last 4 cruises, 2 decks below 9145.

We love the location and all of our Butlers have been great. Have not noticed any unusual motion and I can get sea sick in the right conditions. Our first trip, we were in 10031- more forward - and really noticed the ship have a shuddering motion on numerous occasions. Much prefer aft.