Allure Review - September 28th - By A Smuggler

The Amber Theater.....the first night we saw Chicago, the Broadway show, and then went to the Aqua Show and watched that from the back row. Great entertainment both shows! We liked Blue Planet the best however. I couldn't take pictures due to copyright laws.

jpegs1-197.jpg

This is a review from someone who smuggled a bottle of 190 proof grain alchohol in a rum runner type flask bought from Dick's Sporting Goods. They work great! For all my efforts at smuggling, I was pleasantly surprised that the booze made it through. I figured out of 5874 passengers, some of us were definitely gonna make it through. I only had about 5 drinks the whole week, with plenty of booze to go around. I really don't drink that much, and just wanted to see if it could be done easily on the mega ships. Here's the booze in the bottle. I also purchased a soda cup so I'd have mixer.

jpegs1-388.jpg

OMG this is the BEST candid review EVER!

Straight..to the point!

Thanks for writing it. It was a pleasure to read! :D

OMG this is the BEST candid review EVER!

Straight..to the point!

Thanks for writing it. It was a pleasure to read! :D

I'm not through yet! But that 190 proof might as well be called Moonshine it was so strong. I couldn't drink but just one at a time. It sure gave me a good buzz on a few nights. I didn't want to drink the night before when we had to get up early. It was worth the effort though.

The rear end of the Allure while docked in Nassau....we stopped and watched the Disney Dream dock after us. It was fun to just sit there and watch it slowly back in.

On our 30th anniversary we stayed on the ship in Nassau. It was equally interesting to watch Dream dock from the pool deck of Allure. Your angle does give a better idea of what she looks like as an elegantly designed ship.

On our 30th anniversary we stayed on the ship in Nassau. It was equally interesting to watch Dream dock from the pool deck of Allure. Your angle does give a better idea of what she looks like as an elegantly designed ship.

I think the next time we dock in Nassau....we too, will stay on the ship. I'm glad we weren't there more than a few hours. I think it's a wasted day and would have rather docked somewhere else....maybe St. Kitts or something similar. By the way...this was our 35th Anniversary Cruise.

What did he say to you?

I had my sunglasses on and as I walked past him, he said,"What are you looking at Fu&%'er? I was totally taken by surprise as we had walked to Junkanoo Beach several times in the past with no problem. Also, when you get off the ship in Nassau, the mobs of vendors bug the living hell out of you. They try everything in their power to try and get you to take a tour, an excursion, buy this, and buy that....they border on being rude, and sometimes they just cross that border. I'm not a fan of Nassau. St. Thomas and St. Maarten were great....but I'll pass on Nassau next time if our ship goes there.

I had my sunglasses on and as I walked past him, he said,"What are you looking at Fu&%'er? I was totally taken by surprise as we had walked to Junkanoo Beach several times in the past with no problem. Also, when you get off the ship in Nassau, the mobs of vendors bug the living hell out of you. They try everything in their power to try and get you to take a tour, an excursion, buy this, and buy that....they border on being rude, and sometimes they just cross that border. I'm not a fan of Nassau. St. Thomas and St. Maarten were great....but I'll pass on Nassau next time if our ship goes there.

That would cause some concern. I have only been Nassau once, didn't like it at all

I am not trying to bash Carnival for the services they provide, but it amazes me how elegant and well designed the Royal and Disney cruises are, and how Carnival just looks ehhh. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about the Carnival ships from the outside IMO

Thanks Bill....I agree!

I am not trying to bash Carnival for the services they provide, but it amazes me how elegant and well designed the Royal and Disney cruises are, and how Carnival just looks ehhh. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about the Carnival ships from the outside IMO

I agree but the Carnival rooms are bigger than Royal's are, and Carnival food is better overall.

I think the next time we dock in Nassau....we too, will stay on the ship. I'm glad we weren't there more than a few hours. I think it's a wasted day and would have rather docked somewhere else....maybe St. Kitts or something similar. By the way...this was our 35th Anniversary Cruise.

My current intention is to be on Oasis for my 35th anniversary, but that will occur on the sea day on the way to St Thomas, if nothing changes. In 2011 and 2013 on Allure I found the short stay in Nassau to be too short to do anything of value and it seemed to me Royal's official excursion list for the port that day were 75% Atlantis related. At those prices 3-4 hours including get too and from I never went to Atlantis. UNTIL- We were there on Majesty later in 2013 and the ship was there 12 hours or so and they had an off season rate that gave us the water park there. That was worthwile.

Dream is a cool ship to look down on ;) from Allure.

The Champagne and Martini Bar where we hung out in the big chairs.

jpegs1-182.jpg

Do you know if the champagne bar had a snack/caviar cart setup each day around happy-hour? They do on Oasis so wondering if they do that on Allure too.

Thanks, love the pix and review!

I don't sail with Royal Caribbean but I'm always amazed by people who describe how they smuggle alcohol on board. Why in the world do you tell the cruise officers and ship personnel this? They also look at Cruise Critic and other such websites. I'm not against bringing your own on board if you choose to do so knowing the risk. Certainly security is aware this is done, but I don't get the need to point it out to them.

I don't sail with Royal Caribbean but I'm always amazed by people who describe how they smuggle alcohol on board. Why in the world do you tell the cruise officers and ship personnel this? They also look at Cruise Critic and other such websites. I'm not against bringing your own on board if you choose to do so knowing the risk. Certainly security is aware this is done, but I don't get the need to point it out to them.

I don't understand it either.:confused:

I really hope our friend doesn't get billed either. His wife asked me when I asked her if they had insurance if they really had insurance for sale? I said yes, we purchase it every time. They were very nice.

If you owe Royal for medical expenses, these must be paid before you leave the ship. Also, did you know you can post six pictures in each post? :)

If you owe Royal for medical expenses, these must be paid before you leave the ship. Also, did you know you can post six pictures in each post? :)

I will start posting 6 pictures in each post....been so long since my last review, I simply forget all that. Thanks for pointing it out!