Upsell SY to SA/SB/SC $400 7 days Westerdam

Psee

Just wondering if this is a good deal. The SY guarantee is $935 so the upgrade would total $1335. The HAL website is showing $2099 for SC so it sounds like a great deal but I've read the additional square footage is the only major upgrade. The extra money could be spent for Hydro spa, Pinnacle, etc.. :)

The upgrade gets you to the Neptune Suite Class. I did this last year on the Westy, and it was well worth it. You have the concierge service, plus the Neptune Lounge, and the other perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wondering if this is a good deal. The SY guarantee is $935 so the upgrade would total $1335. The HAL website is showing $2099 for SC so it sounds like a great deal but I've read the additional square footage is the only major upgrade. The extra money could be spent for Hydro spa, Pinnacle, etc.. :)

Not a bad deal, but not a great one either. I have paid $199-299 for similar upsells. I think the amount is based on what you paid for your current cabin (at $935 you got a very good deal IMO).

While the cabin size of the SC is larger than your SY, IMO it is not that much bigger. What you really get is the Neptune suite "perks" - VIP lounge access, free laundry, Pinnacle dining for breakfasts, a couple of cocktail parties, bottle of sparkling wine, priority boarding and tenders, etc.)

One more thing - you should ask for the cabin number, as often you can pick from several and some of them may be SAs or SBs. If it was a Neptune suite cabin I like I would go for the $400 cost, otherwise I would wait for a better offer (assuming I was happy with my current cabin).

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

I think that's a decent price. May I ask when your cruise is? I'm hoping the upsell fairy pays me a visit.

11-08-14 Eastern Caribbean. I told my agent to counter the offer but they said it was just announced today so they wanted to see how it goes before accepting counter offers. :cool:

Not a bad deal, but not a great one either. I have paid $199-299 for similar upsells. I think the amount is based on what you paid for your current cabin (at $935 you got a very good deal IMO).

One more thing - you should ask for the cabin number, as often you can pick from several and some of them may be SAs or SBs. If it was a Neptune suite cabin I like I would go for the $400 cost, otherwise I would wait for a better offer (assuming I was happy with my current cabin).

DaveOKC

No, an upsell goes out to many, many people within all levels of cabins I.e. Cheapest balcony to most expensive balcony and it all the same price. There is no way that is true. Upsells are not done for each individual. The price will gradually decrease until people bite but there is point where they will not go below.

Just to add to this in aug 2013 I had a VH guarantee. I went from that to an aft wrap neptune for $600 single supp so $300. I then went to the ph for another $600. The original price I paid for that cruise was decent. I'd love to see an upsell like that again.

Edited by cruz chic

11-08-14 Eastern Caribbean. I told my agent to counter the offer but they said it was just announced today so they wanted to see how it goes before accepting counter offers. :cool:

Thanks so much. Hopefully it won't be much longer for me. If they don't accept your counter you may see further upsells. I had 3 before I bit on my Panama canal cruise. I paid $2200 to go from an SY to a sa which I think was still pricy. Iirc it started out at $3500. My Panama cruise was in apr 2014. Good luck!

No, an upsell goes out to many, many people within all levels of cabins I.e. Cheapest balcony to most expensive balcony and it all the same price. There is no way that is true. Upsells are not done for each individual. The price will gradually decrease until people bite but there is point where they will not go below.

Just to add to this in aug 2013 I had a VH guarantee. I went from that to an aft wrap neptune for $600 single supp so $300. I then went to the ph for another $600. The original price I paid for that cruise was decent. I'd love to see an upsell like that again.

Interesting...... that hardly seems fair though. Might as well book a cheap fare and hope for an upsell.

DaveOKC

The upsell price depends upon the category you are currently booked in so the price does vary. Going online and checking the number of cabins that are currently available for the cruise will give you an idea of whether additional price deductions are likely.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The upgrade gets you to the Neptune Suite Class. I did this last year on the Westy, and it was well worth it. You have the concierge service, plus the Neptune Lounge, and the other perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

looking at this does look good.

The upsell price depends upon the category you are currently booked in so the price does vary. Going online and checking the number of cabins that are currently available for the cruise will give you an idea of whether additional price deductions are likely.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Of course. If you are in an inside it's going to cost you more than if you were in a signature suite. If you are anywhere within a category it will be the same i.e. if someone is in a VH room it will cost them the same as someone in a VA room etc.

I think it's worth it, but I will say that last year we got an upsell from an SY to an SB for $199 pp, for a 7-day Alaska cruise.

I think it's worth it, but I will say that last year we got an upsell from an SY to an SB for $199 pp, for a 7-day Alaska cruise.

We got the same deal two years ago and have to say I really enjoyed the neptune suite perks, for us the breakfast was one of the top perks course the coffee in the neptune lounge was good too, course so was the pressing of our clothes for formal night, well lets just say I thouroughly ENJOYED the Neptune suites!!!! :D I just booked a neptune suite for Eastern Car on her for Jan 31 got suite 7151 and really looking forward to it!