3 Star Mariner Pinnacle discount question

Infi

I recently became a 3 star Mariner on my last HAL cruise. I know one of the perks is 25% off in specialty restaurants but am unsure how this works. I recently booked a Pinnacle reservation online for the last night of our upcoming cruise, namely because I know how popular the last night is in the Pinnacle and I was worried about getting a reservation onboard. Will I be able to get the discount applied once I'm onboard? And second, does the 25% off apply for lunch in the Pinnacle also? Thanks in advance, all!

Thanks for the quick replies. So, HAL doesn't charge your credit card for the reservation made online, it's just added to your shipboard account? And then it looks like the Mariner discount is applied after dining there.

And yes - I agree about the Pinnacle lunch. We found it to be outstanding and much preferred it to the dinner we had there on the Amsterdam. We're going to give dinner another try on this cruise, hoping it will live up to the high expectations set by the lunch!

Thanks for the quick replies. So, HAL doesn't charge your credit card for the reservation made online, it's just added to your shipboard account? And then it looks like the Mariner discount is applied after dining there.

And yes - I agree about the Pinnacle lunch. We found it to be outstanding and much preferred it to the dinner we had there on the Amsterdam. We're going to give dinner another try on this cruise, hoping it will live up to the high expectations set by the lunch!

Yes, they do charge your credit card when you make the reservation in advance of boarding. They will enter the credit for being 3 Star Mariner onto your shipboard account when you actually have your dinner (or lunch) in Pinnacle or Tamarind.

I suggest you bring a printout of your booking and payment to the ship with you in case there is any confusion. I have never needed it but it's good to have it.

Some times our pre-reserved (and prepaid) PG reservations have had our discount credited to our account near the beginning of our cruise, not after we've actually dined at the PG. As long as we get the discount I don't really care when it shows up as a credit.