Cutting Air-Conditioning to Save Fuel Costs

stevenr597

Slow down, everyone. The article said "more energy efficient" A/C, not warmer temperatures. More energy efficient means same (or better) cooling capacity at lower cost. A different thing than resetting the temperature level.

I am sure it is, but he can speak for himself. I can tell you from my experience that the answer is the A/C is working fine on all of ours. Or is this just a thread where people having issues can complain?

Well I need to take a jacket I get so cold. I think some cabins are just cooler then others. I don't think they are cutting the AC back. I'm glad they are replacing the old with more energy efficient . I did the same in my house that don't mean I'm keeping my house warmer just cheaper to cool.

Slow down, everyone. The article said "more energy efficient" A/C, not warmer temperatures. More energy efficient means same (or better) cooling capacity at lower cost. A different thing than resetting the temperature level.

If you are going to start adding logic and facts to the discussion, who knows where this thread will go.:confused:

Well I need to take a jacket I get so cold. I think some cabins are just cooler then others. I don't think they are cutting the AC back. I'm glad they are replacing the old with more energy efficient . I did the same in my house that don't mean I'm keeping my house warmer just cheaper to cool.

I agree, if anything our more recent cruises have had cooler rooms not warmer.

Ok, so you have a few cruises under your belt this year and you may tolerate warm rooms more than other people.

But why are you discounting other people's experiences? On my cruise two weeks ago, we were warm. Much warmer in our room than any of our previous cruises over the past ten years.

Did it upset us? No. But yes, there has been a difference lately on CCL. Let's not pretend there is not just because you may not feel it. :rolleyes:

Well the 82 was unexcetable !!! We had a window cabin and kept the curtains closed the whole cruise.

The response we got was as bad as the heat. Got to the point they brought security with Maintance , we made no threats but sure complained.

Yes, it ruined this cruise big time. ThAt being said we did continue to book cruises.

With a room temperature hotter than you're accustomed to and "so hot [you] couldn't stay in the room," not being offered a fan or an apology and being informed it was in their guidelines, why would you accept those conditions?

This was our second cruise (rather green). We did raise hell!!! All that did was each time they came to PLay with the ac they brought security.

I thing getting off the ship and flying home was our only choice.

Our last Carnival cruise was on the Glory in June of 2014. The temperature in the cabin was just fine.

I do take exception to those who bungee cord the balcony door and complain about the temperature. By holding the cabin door open you are also affecting the cabins near you. Stop it.

Take care,

Mike

This was our second cruise (rather green). We did raise hell!!! All that did was each time they came to PLay with the ac they brought security.

I thing getting off the ship and flying home was our only choice.

When you say that they brought security, how did security respond? If you report an item of value or money as lost or stolen, typically they treat you like a criminal. How did they proceed in this situation?

When you say that they brought security, how did security respond? If you report an item of value or money as lost or stolen, typically they treat you like a criminal. How did they proceed in this situation?

Security did nothing but stand there. We guessed since we got nasty from complaining Maintance just brought them to make sure the heat in our cabin didn't spill over into bad behavior.

On our first and only cruise it was miserable in our stateroom. We're making one more attempt on the Dream in December before we jump ship (pun intended ;)) and look for all inclusive resorts with better working accommodations. I can't sleep if it's above 68-70. The 75-80 (or more) that we dealt with last May (2013) on the Elation was horrible. We forked out the money for a jr suite (not worth it in the first place, IMO), which made it even worse because we couldn't use the balcony without raising the temp more, plus who wanted to be out in that humidity and heat when you couldn't even go inside to cool off?!?!

On our first and only cruise it was miserable in our stateroom. We're making one more attempt on the Dream in December before we jump ship (pun intended ;)) and look for all inclusive resorts with better working accommodations. I can't sleep if it's above 68-70. The 75-80 (or more) that we dealt with last May (2013) on the Elation was horrible. We forked out the money for a jr suite (not worth it in the first place, IMO), which made it even worse because we couldn't use the balcony without raising the temp more, plus who wanted to be out in that humidity and heat when you couldn't even go inside to cool off?!?!

And I could never sleep in a cabin that was that cold! Temperature is so very subjective. I live in the south and our thermostat in the summer is just about always 77 or so. It is comfortable. My hubby wants to be cold all the time, but I cannot take it. But, I have to say that it amazes me that 75 is unacceptable to anyone. That seems like a very middle of the road temp.

... especially when you consider the region they are suggesting that temperature. During the winters up north, I would think 78 would be considerably hot for those who reside there.

We don't use A/C up north in the wintertime.......

We usually have our air on at 78-80 here in Illinois in the summer. On my last cruise the air was very comfortable. Sometimes I had to adjust my thermostat because I was getting cold in my room.

I was just going to mentioned that there is a way to adjust the temperature in the cabins. I do not like to sleep in a warm room (65 degrees Plus). In the past I have not had a problem with the temperature of my cabin. I was on the liberty in April of 2013 and the cabin temperature was fine. I will be on the Conquest 10/26/14 so I'll seen what happens.

Gary.

I was just going to mentioned that there is a way to adjust the temperature in the cabins. I do not like to sleep in a warm room (65 degrees Plus). In the past I have not had a problem with the temperature of my cabin. I was on the liberty in April of 2013 and the cabin temperature was fine. I will be on the Conquest 10/26/14 so I'll seen what happens.

Gary.

Even I'd be cold @ 65! VIsited my mother in Maine during winter; thermostat @ 66 and she's sleeveless! I was in layers! I am now my mother (damn hormones), but comfy 70-ish.