Equinox sushi bar Sun Harvest

Crusin-Suzan

At the paid for sushi place can you buy it by the piece or do you just pay the price for whatever you want??? We bought five dinner but may lower it to three if this place is not worth it. Any advise???

You are mixing up the afternoon sushi service, which is no extra charge, with the restaurant Silk Harvest, a pan-Asian venue. You can view its menu on the Celebrity website.

Agreed.

Silk Harvest is a flat fee Specialty Restaurant ($ 30 per person)

They offer Sushi... And a whole lot more

Celebrity - Silk Harvest = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-silk-harvest

Cheers!

I realize this is a dissenting view but the sushi is silk harvest was so bad, we actually left and ate elsewhere. The rolls were made hours earlier....the nori was soft and mushi...the rice over cooked, unseasoned and mushy. The free sushi is actually better although the rice is unflavored and rolls made in advance.

Perhaps we're spoiled having visited Japan many times and making sushi ourselves, but our local sushi restaurants are all better than silk harvest. It's the only specialty restaurant on celebrity that we won't eat at....and we tried it twice, because any restaurant can have a bad night.

Your experience may, of course, differ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

I realize this is a dissenting view but the sushi is silk harvest was so bad, we actually left and ate elsewhere. The rolls were made hours earlier....the nori was soft and mushi...the rice over cooked, unseasoned and mushy. The free sushi is actually better although the rice is unflavored and rolls made in advance.

Perhaps we're spoiled having visited Japan many times and making sushi ourselves, but our local sushi restaurants are all better than silk harvest. It's the only specialty restaurant on celebrity that we won't eat at....and we tried it twice, because any restaurant can have a bad night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What did you think about the food other than the sushi???

Yikes. I was hoping it would be decent if not amazing on the Equinox later this month. I wasn't impressed with the hot dishes on my one visit (Solstice). Maybe I'll just order appetizers...:eek::eek::D:D

(Have to go once since got the 3-dinner package)

Yikes. I was hoping it would be decent if not amazing on the Equinox later this month. I wasn't impressed with the hot dishes on my one visit (Solstice). Maybe I'll just order appetizers...:eek::eek::D:D

It will be a tough evening to get through Scrappy but I'm sure your manage! :D

We had a bad night at Silk Harvest and the maitre'd asked us to try it again with advice from the staff, such as kicking up the heat in the Pad Thai. It's not Bangkok, but the subsequent meal was excellent.

One of our favourite activities was for Husband to grab some sushi (excellent, btw) from the Ocean View buffet, and me a plate of Indian curry (also excellent) then sit outside with a nice beer or white wine (free with the classic package) and watch the last port stop disappear from view as we sailed away!

Just very nice. :p Can't wait for our repeat visit next August.