What ACTUALLY happens if you miss the ship without a passport?!

cruising_diva

Having lived in San Diego, the interstate entrance to Mexico is very confusing. It is very easy to miss the last exit. If you miss it there is not a turn around on the US side, you have no choice but to go into Mexico (the only other option is to just stop in place on the highway and block traffic). That is what happened in his case, he entered and turned around at the first place he could to return to the US. He notified the official on the Mexican side that he had entered by mistake and had guns in his car and was returning to the US. The person he notified was going to wave him through, then another one came over and arrested him.

This is not the first time this has happened. Comes up every year or two. Usually the Mexican Government holds them for a few days, collects a big fine and they get released.

Having lived there myself, I do know there is a sign before the last exit that states firearms are illegal in Mexico. There are signs stating last US exit. Additionally, if you miss the last exit, there is a turn around just before crossing into Mexico. There isn't any confusion, the signs aren't just for bright people.

Having lived there myself, I do know there is a sign before the last exit that states firearms are illegal in Mexico. There are signs stating last US exit. Additionally, if you miss the last exit, there is a turn around just before crossing into Mexico. There isn't any confusion, the signs aren't just for bright people.

My car would be dead in the water in the US! Better to get arrested on our side of the border. Unfortunately for this guy the president doesn't have any high level terrorists he can trade away to get him back like he did for the deserter who hates our own country!

I was on my balcony in port, they kept calling a families name, when it came time to depart, I saw an officer hand over passports to another officer who in turn hand them over to one customs people at port.

Gangway came in, ships pulling out, the family comes running up to the boat, they were handed their passports by the customs official.

So I guess the moral is be on time or have a credit card with a very high limit in your possession.