The best meal I've eaten on Royal

I've been thinking about the 'new' menu and what would comprise the perfect meal for me. I'll be honest..... I struggled. Notwithstanding my intolerance to gluten.... I can stomach some (pun intended) I decided to daydream my perfect meal and realised I'd recently eaten it, on Oasis. But not in the MDR.

I've eaten at Chef's Table, Chops (more than once), Giovanni's, Vintages, Portofino's (more than once), Izumi, Solarium Bistro. Lucky me. Different ships. Best meal out of everywhere..... 150 Central Park.

So here's my perfect 3 course meal. Pics are the GF version. The meal was 6 courses but I'm designing a 3 course meal.

First course :

Asparagus : roasted and raw, mint, citrus, yogurt, greens

DSCN1590.jpg

Entree :

They didn't make me the short rib but some other beef delight.... filet? Was on a butternut squash puree and I asked for (and got) more of that..... best steak I have ever eaten. Period.

DSCN1593.jpg

Dessert

Milk Chocolate Cremeaux : with pickled cherries..... I totally crumbled with the flavour and texture of this..... it's normally served with a croissant crisp. Hands down I thought Portofino's Tiramisu was the dessert of my dreams..... no more....

DSCN1594.jpg

What's your perfect RCL 3 course meal? MDR or Specialty. Mix restaurants up if you want..... when they get it right they can really get it right.....

The best filet mignon I've ever had was in Chops on FOS.

In case you wonder, I've probably eaten, at very least, hundreds of filet mignon.

And your favourite RCL starter and dessert? Looking for 3 course meal suggestions here..... Bob gets away with 4 courses because he's.... well.... Bob.....

And your favourite RCL starter and dessert? Looking for 3 course meal suggestions here..... Bob gets away with 4 courses because he's.... well.... Bob.....

I could not decide between the Vidalia Onion Tart and the Scallop Risotto.:p

hands down 150 Central Park on Oasis, Feb 2012.

we had both menu's.

the grey goose lemongrass martini is still on high rotation in my kitchen bar.

the only pain is that I have ot make my own lemonrgass syrup.

I would have the Crab Cakes from Chops as the appetizer ..then those little different SALTS from all over the world to try from 150 Central Park..then the NY Strip from Chops with Lyonnaise Potatoes & creamed asparagus..breads from Portifinos...dessert would be Creme Brulee or Baked Alaska...FYI- my 2 favorite desserts are Carnival's Chocolate Melting cake & Norwegian's Fruit Fondue in Le Bistro- a half a pineapple with the bottom carved out, filled with 6 or 7 different kinds of fruit..then you dip it in a HOT CHOCOLATE fondue...Le Bistro is my favorite dining venue along with Disney's Palo on all cruise ships... a great meal, great views, and a trip to the Medical Center after dinner insures you had a great meal!!

Big Al

The best meal I ever had wasn't on any other menu I have seen. It was Jewel OTS back in April 2012 when she was sailing out of Tampa. There was a Parmesan crusted Turkey breast and Jalapeno Potato Soup. i've never seen it anywhere else.

The best meal I ever had wasn't on any other menu I have seen. It was Jewel OTS back in April 2012 when she was sailing out of Tampa. There was a Parmesan crusted Turkey breast and Jalapeno Potato Soup. i've never seen it anywhere else.

I remember those items from several cruises!:D My husband always loved the soup.

Sherri:)

Favorite meal: Gnocchi with bleu cheese sauce and osso buco from Giovanni's. Wow on both! Loved it so much we went back a second time and I ordered it again!

MDR favorites: Horseradish encrusted salmon, bleu cheese tortellini (no longer on menu:() and chicken marsala.

Desserts: Peach blueberry crumble, sticky bread pudding, & carrot cake.

Sherri:)

I'm loving your perfect meals...... hope to get some more ideas then I'll design a menu with your suggestions.....

If you will be cooking also, then we may have to book a TA from Southampton and arrive a few days early.:)

If you will be cooking also, then we may have to book a TA from Southampton and arrive a few days early.:)

Oooooh now there's an idea!! If DD3 hadn't move back in you could have the spare room!

Just chatting to someone from a previous rollcall who is flying over for the Oasis TA then Quantum inaugural..... love meeting up with cruise friends even if I'm not cruising....

It's interesting from the list of perfect meals so far that there's not many duplicates.... I'm trying to build the perfect RCL menu, something for everyone...