Back on the Enchantment once again! ~~ Solo Picture Review ~~

mpoole3

At this point in the afternoon some of us are parting ways, half back to senor frogs and the other half headed back to the ship.

I pretty worn out and decided to head back to the ship. The weather was perfect this evening.

But wait... I get to the ship and notice I have someones passport and seapass card, who went to senor frogs! Ahhh, I couldn't keep going, knowing what he would have went through.

So looks like I was headed over to frogs. By this time it was 5pm and honestly this is the perfect time to go if you don't like the "wild scene"

IMG_4803_zps48b5874d.jpg

IMG_4818_zpsa92b4176.jpg

Hi Micheal,

We sailed together on the cheap Brilliance cruise last year. My family spent several days in Atlantis a few years ago. It was nice but very expensive to eat and drink and they charge you an arm and a leg in auto gratuities and taxes on top of the room rate. I could have gone on 2 seven day cruises for all 5 of us with the cost after all expenses.

All of the slides and pools close at 5 pm which puts a damper on evening activities for the kids. Customer Service was the poorest I have ever experienced at a resort in several areas. At the time they were in bankruptcy before Marriott bought them and the grounds and fish tanks looked very dirty. The resort was very busy during the day due to the cruise ship day trips. I have no desire to go back to stay.

While I was hanging out at Senor Frogs I noticed a Norwegian ship headed out, I don't remember the name, or wasn't paying attention because it's not Royal.

IMG_4797_zpsa8060a66.jpg

I quickly noticed Enchantments back side looking awfully stunning this evening! :D

IMG_4848_zpsd2ac14f9.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

In my 18 cruises, I've never captured a shot like this one. I was walking back to the ship for the second time I might add. I notice the sun setting and a perfect shadow on the back side, and I started shooting away!

IMG_4881_zpse38624ad.jpg

Oh snap. That was worth the wait! What a great shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To keep the suspense going, my favorite sunset picture I've ever taken is on the next evening. It's so good, I've already be contacted from a two different social media networks requesting rights to use it... Don't run away quite yet!

Hi Micheal,

We sailed together on the cheap Brilliance cruise last year. My family spent several days in Atlantis a few years ago. It was nice but very expensive to eat and drink and they charge you an arm and a leg in auto gratuities and taxes on top of the room rate. I could have gone on 2 seven day cruises for all 5 of us with the cost after all expenses.

All of the slides and pools close at 5 pm which puts a damper on evening activities for the kids. Customer Service was the poorest I have ever experienced at a resort in several areas. At the time they were in bankruptcy before Marriott bought them and the grounds and fish tanks looked very dirty. The resort was very busy during the day due to the cruise ship day trips. I have no desire to go back to stay.

Why do you think that Marriott bought Atlantis? I have never seen this.

In my 18 cruises, I've never captured a shot like this one. I was walking back to the ship for the second time I might add. I notice the sun setting and a perfect shadow on the back side, and I started shooting away!

IMG_4881_zpse38624ad.jpg

Wow. That is so amazing. I love how the sun casts light on the side of the ship.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by kwazi07

After spending the perfect day in Nassau, I decided to relax at my favorite spot on the vision class ships, The R Bar.

For those who have never been here, it's a 50s style bar that make cocktails with fresh juices.

IMG_4906_zpsc565bb4e.jpg

For my Diamond members and up friends, you can now get 3 free cocktails each evening from 5:00pm-8:30pm

IMG_4352_zps6d4ad9d9.jpg

We kept walking and I turned around to see this massive hotel up close! I think I could stay here for a week? Over a cruise I don't know. Has anyone every stayed at the hotel for a few days? What was it like?

Hi Michael,

Enjoying your review so far. I'm booked on Enchantment for next year, going to Atlantis in a few weeks on Oasis to do the Aquaventure.

Two years ago I stayed at Atlantis for a few nights when all the SO (Deck 9) rooms on Majesty were sold out before I could request time off from work. I arrived the day after Hurricane Sandy passed by, so the beach was closed and it was still very windy.

Different from the cruise experience, but worth it if you get the chance and the price is right. There's a complimentary movie theater with a concession stand (for a fee) inside. 15 min. of free internet in the Library.

Only thing missing was a trip to Cococay!

Last year I returned on Majesty and did the Dolphin encounter.

Looking forward to more of your Enchantment review,

-Robbie

I believe the artist is Dale Chihuly.

That is correct. I have heard that it is $2,000,000 of his work in there. I love Chihuly, there is a great museum in downtown St Pete of his work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article1973897.html

They merged into their Autograph collection.

Thanks for the link.

We were there before Atlantis existed and loved the old Paradise island Resort.

We go and visit each cruise that we take in that area but don't pay the high guest pass price. Nicer to just walk onto Cabbage Beach, go out to the end and enjoy the day.

I'm pretty sure very similar art is on the Mariner. Like the middle photo especially.

Now we headed inside for a quick tour of the inside of the hotel.

They had these beautiful art...hmmm what do they call these things? Someone help me out!

IMG_4776_zps16ab7592.jpg

IMG_4772_zps1b889a5f.jpg

IMG_4779_zpse3d84943.jpg

Really enjoying the review and pictures, but the pictures are not showing now. Probably a problem with Photobucket. Hope it gets straightened out. I'd hate to miss out on your awesome photos.

Thanks for taking the time to do this review. Appreciate it.

Gwen :)