Back on the Enchantment once again! ~~ Solo Picture Review ~~

mpoole3

Michael, it looks like you have run out of your bandwidth allocation with Photobucket. In other words, Photobucket wants money before they will show any more photos.

Edited by clarea

Michael, it looks like you have run out of your bandwidth allocation with Photobucket. In other words, Photobucket wants money before they will show any more photos.

Thanks Bob! This has happened to me before, I paid the $3 so everyone can see all the pictures. I figure it's the least I for all the knowledge I've gained from CC over the years.

Thanks Bob! This has happened to me before, I paid the $3 so everyone can see all the pictures. I figure it's the least I for all the knowledge I've gained from CC over the years.

It works, I can see the photos again. Thanks!:)

Now things are starting to get good!

It's CHOPS time! Like I said, they were giving me a hard time about getting into the MDR, so I said no problem I'll eat at chops.

I made my RSVP for 8:00PM and the venue was about half full, but it was my first time eating here with the new menu.

I started the meal with some French Onion Soup. This soup is just something special, it has a layer of melted cheese on top. This is a meal within itself and the best I've ever had.

IMG_4916_zps588c57ba.jpg

Next appetizer is scallops and bacon. If you love scallops then I'd go with these, they are so full of flavor.

Note: they were not burned just bad editing on my behalf!

IMG_4918_zps4c048a33.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

The service during the meal was moving fast, without any issues since they were not that busy, which I found weird since it was formal night. I have noticed on these weekend cruises you usually get a lot of first timers who don't know anything about Chops.

Who doesn't love a little veno at Chops? It's vacation for a reason.

IMG_4926_zps1bb36598.jpg

The main course a 10oz filet mignon!

I noticed they no longer ask you want sauce you want on top of the steak, it just comes out in their red wince sauce. Which is the only one I'd get, so that's okay with me.

IMG_4922_zps0fc274f1.jpg

For my side dishes I order the Tater Tots and a cream style corn.

I'm going to give my honest thoughts on the new sides:

They are pretty low quality, and low budget for Royal. Now did they taste bad no, but did I expect more for $30PP yes! I only ate one tot and two bites of corn. Which brings me to the point, I've seen different ships charge different prices for chops has anyone else noticed this? Some ships $30PP and others $35PP.

IMG_4923_zpsd403d1da.jpg

But what I didn't leave on the table was that steak! I ordered it "Raw" and boy did it come out that way! Just how I like it. I finished every bite.

IMG_4924_zps3c15169c.jpg

Enjoying this' date=' Michael! Great job! You're making me want to hop on the Enchantment for some B2B's![/size']

Hey Jane!

I'm glad you are enjoying it! I wish I had more details on the ship, but with 2 days on port on a 3 day cruise, kinda hard.

Feel free to join me on the Liberty next month or Brilliance in Jan. Both of those sailings, the prices are very low!

I have some great Coco Cay pictures coming up and one amazing sunset picture!

I rounded out my chops meal with the new strawberry cheesecake. Now this was pretty tasty! I also ordered a bowl of ice cream, going to be honest I ate it so fast I couldn't even get a picture! Sorry.

IMG_4927_zpsdb7e37b3.jpg

My overall thoughts on chops grill was still a great meal, but I wish they would bring the fresh veggies back. If I want fries and tots I'll eat at J. Rockets, well not on the EOS, but you follow right?

I did eat here again tomorrow night and tried different sides, and thought they were worse! ahh. Next time: I'll get scallops as my side!

Edited by mpoole3

Thanks for your review of Chops. Makes me undecided to visit on our upcoming Liberty sailing for my birthday. I like my steak, but it must not come with a sauce, nor must they pour one over it (as they found out to their sorrow in Giovanni's!). As for the sides, no offence to your photos, but they look awful, so unappetizing. We're not familiar with the tater tots (sp?) over here in the UK, but they look like deep fried processed potato, which is not what I expect for $35. My goodness how Chops has declined in 10 years, JMHO.

Think I'm going to stay with Giovanni's Table.

Hey Michael, great review and amazing photos! Great to see a review from another solo cruiser. Really enjoying this. I don't post on every review I read but I couldn't resist on this one... after viewing yours images I think I need photography lessons and a much better camera ;) what do you shoot with?

Hey Michael, great review and amazing photos! Great to see a review from another solo cruiser. Really enjoying this. I don't post on every review I read but I couldn't resist on this one... after viewing yours images I think I need photography lessons and a much better camera ;) what do you shoot with?

Thanks for the kind words!

I love to go solo! My friends think I'm crazy, but I just have the best time, plus double points! Gotta to go D+ somehow.

I shoot with a Canon 60D with a 135mm & 55mm Prime lens. I also use lightroom 5 for my editing. Honestly, I don't think I'm that good and want lessons myself! But thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Just wait until you see the Coco Cay ones, I think those are way better!

While I was hanging out at Senor Frogs I noticed a Norwegian ship headed out, I don't remember the name, or wasn't paying attention because it's not Royal.

IMG_4797_zpsa8060a66.jpg

I quickly noticed Enchantments back side looking awfully stunning this evening! :D

IMG_4848_zpsd2ac14f9.jpg

That's the Norwegian Sky. We sailed on her twice----Once to Alaska, and once in Hawaai as the Pride of Aloha. A few years ago she was reflagged back to the Sky, and now does three & four day cruises out of Miami.

I love your review and photos. Thanks for sharing.