AAPR price discount?

Legion103

The person booking is supposed to be the member. You must give them your AARP member number and the name on the account. I do think they check because a couple of years ago I made a mistake in the membership number and about an hour later my PCC called back and said the number and name did not match. Gave him the correct number and that was it.

U used the AARP rate and NCL never checked it out. If one of you in the cabin is an AARP member they are happy to give the AARP rate. They do know your age because you supply your passport info so they might suspect if you're age is under 55.

U used the AARP rate and NCL never checked it out. If one of you in the cabin is an AARP member they are happy to give the AARP rate. They do know your age because you supply your passport info so they might suspect if you're age is under 55.

When we used the AARP discount our PCC found DH's membership through AARP site and scanned a copy of the Membership card to NCL office.

How do they verify this?

Also, if the person I am traveling with as AARP, does that count or does the person who books it have to have AARP?

Supposedly you show the card at check in. We did not have to give a membership number when we booked. We don't even have a membership yet, but will before the next cruise when hubby is old enough.

When I booked my inlaws' cabin on Breakaway using the AARP discount, I didn't need their membership number. While I told them to be sure to have their cards with them, no one ever asked to see them. This might be another area of inconsistency on NCL's part.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Dear Legion103,

Sorry to inform youall that the AARP Rates ( so called) are plain and simple a marketing gimmic.

Compare your real rates at any ASTA Travel Agency. You know ASTA Members have to put up a $USD 500,000.00 Bonding. So they will not be going anywhere if they do a Chapter 7 and/or 11.

AARP I have had a few FREE~ Memberships from that money making organization . But maybe it is this area (NYC/NJ) of the fiercest competition in the world, we get so so much better rates and saving.:cool:

On cruises we let the Travel Agencies bid for our business.:cool:

How do they verify this?

Also, if the person I am traveling with as AARP, does that count or does the person who books it have to have AARP?