Croissants

KKMurphy2

I am a Diamond on RCCL, but certainly have enjoyed my 2 Celebrity cruises. I am booked on the November 1 Reflection. I remember having warm croissants in the morning. Does Celebrity still have these? They are not very good for the diet!! But absolutely delicious!!!

Celebrity still has croissants, not sure how warm they will be, depends on where you get them I guess. The chocolate ones are good but I also like the traditional croissant. Also like the Danish & other pastries since they are not overly sweet. More in the French style vs. the sweeter American pastries.

Mary Lou

On Solistice in August, the chocolate croissants in Blu were usually warm....and divine!!! In Oceanview cafe, they were fresh, but never warm. But I don't think you could necessarily count on them being warm every day even in Blu. Thankfully they are small...I usually could stop at one....but the warm ones.....I had to have two:D!!! So yummy!!!

I was wondering what were the chocolate croissants. When you posted the photo, I knew what you meant. They are called pain de chocolate. They are very good. The croissants at breakfast are small. The croissants at lunch in the buffet are huge. They are used for sandwiches. They are superb.

The chocolate croissants or pain au chocolat are good, but I vote for the almond ones. They're available at Bacio. Or, if you're lucky enough to have a butler, you can have them delivered to your cabin.

Sometimes very early in the morning they have the large croissants in the buffet. But they're usually gone by the time most people arrive for breakfast.

Croissants are one of my favorite parts of cruising. So, for those who are complaining that we shouldn't be talking about them, I beg to differ.

I love Croissants too! :)

Another reason to get excited about my first ever cruise aboard Reflection.

After listening to you lovely people with appropriate responses, I do remember now that they were in the coffee shop in the middle of the ship on the Millenium. I believe I will get excited to hopefully have these yummy things again! :)

I second the vote for the almond croissants. I try to restrain myself and only have them a couple of times at most during a cruise. They are absolutely delicious. I didn't realize you could get them any place other than the elite breakfast. On our last cruise when I was in Blu I asked our waiter if they had them there. He replied unfortunately no but the following day he surprised me with several when I came in for breakfast. He had gone to the elite breakfast and picked them up for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The almond croissants are my favourite! My lovely husband sneaks out of the cabin in the morning and gets me a coffee from the coffee shop and one of the almond croissants and brings them back to wake me up! It is extra sweet as he does not drink coffee or like the almond croissants! One morning I commented on how they were so delicious I wish I had another one to eat, and the next morning he brought two back. I am very spoilt.

• 3 weeks later...

And now I'm drooling! In 24 days, I board the Silhouette for the first time. In 25 days, therefore, I fully expect to have a least one almond and one chocolate croissant in my pregnant little belly! Gotta expose baby to such delicacies as early as possible, you know ;)

I was wondering what were the chocolate croissants. When you posted the photo, I knew what you meant. They are called pain de chocolate. They are very good. The croissants at breakfast are small. The croissants at lunch in the buffet are huge. They are used for sandwiches. They are superb.

pain au chocolat.