L-shaped balcony - Glory

rnff2

I was wondering if anyone has recent experience with the L-shaped cabins on the Glory, specifically cabin 7434 and 7439. I need to know if the beds can be separated?

Thanks!

Edited by rnff2
mistake

I was wondering if anyone has recent experience with the L-shaped cabins on the Glory, specifically cabin 7434 and 7439. I need to know if the beds can be separated?

Thanks!

Did an L shaped balcony on splendor almost the same! We had the beds separate! Loved that room the balcony was amazing! The only thing I would of liked would be the couch, they give you a chair but it's not the same

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did an L shaped balcony on splendor almost the same! We had the beds separate! Loved that room the balcony was amazing! The only thing I would of liked would be the couch, they give you a chair but it's not the same

Thank you for your reply. I don't think we will miss the couch...guess we shall see.

Thank you for your reply. I don't think we will miss the couch...guess we shall see.

You'll be fine we only would of liked it because we had friends over to our cabin and there is like no where to sit when u get 5-6 people in there

We had 7434 on the Liberty and it was wonderful! Aft cabin so very quiet and never had a problem with noise any time of the day. The balcony had 2 chairs, a table and a lounger on it and was wonderful. As far as the room goes, there is no couch but we really liked the layout of the room and didn't miss the couch. It is just the 2 of us so we don't use the couch that much anyways. There was a small table and a chair and of course the desk area so that helped us with places to put stuff!

If theres any specific questions you have I would be happy to answer them!

Thanks for your replies. I mainly wanted to know if the beds separate. I'm also glad to hear there was a lounge chair on the balcony. I guess if the beds don't separate I could sleep on the lounger. :) We booked this cabin for the extra balcony space, and I love the location of the cabin. I've had a true aft cabin but prefer the side aft cabin location...the true aft cabins make me feel like I'm missing seeing where we are going...strange I know. Lol. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

I stayed in 7434. I loved having the extra space on the balcony. I don't know about the beds because it was during my honeymoon so the beds stayed together. :D

Thanks for your replies. I mainly wanted to know if the beds separate. I'm also glad to hear there was a lounge chair on the balcony. I guess if the beds don't separate I could sleep on the lounger. :) We booked this cabin for the extra balcony space, and I love the location of the cabin. I've had a true aft cabin but prefer the side aft cabin location...the true aft cabins make me feel like I'm missing seeing where we are going...strange I know. Lol. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

the beds are not supposed to be seperated-- there will be no where to move them to. If you move the one bed over-- it will block the bathroom door. Move the other bed and it will block the hall into the room.

it IS two beds-- you can ask the steward to make up two beds- but i dont know how he will do that without a hassle-- so if he can make sure you tip for that service.

I am one of a few that did not like the cabin. Much of the sq footage in the room is not usable (at the foot of the bed-- the floor over by the bathroom door-- the dark hallways.

the tv was on the vanity-- which you can only see if you laid in the bed-- on your side. (for me not comfortable)

the only place to get dressed was the 3 foot sq area in front of the vanity. Which is hard to do when 2 people are getting ready for dinner.

I could not sit at the vanity getting dressed while honey got dressed behind me-- there just was no room.

As for a lounge chair on the balcony-- we were told not because it would block the cabin door. so we had 2 chiars and a parson table.

if really needing the space--- (a sofa too) get a regular balcony.

the L shaped balcony is the same size as the regular balcony with a few feet added-- its only longer then a regular balcony but its also narrow

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm not too concerned about the sofa, we are used to cruising Princess with 3 in the cabin and they have no sofa's. Also after cramming 3 people in a Princess OV on our last cruise anything will give me a feel of more space, after that trip I refuse to cruise without a balcony.

We cruised in an aft on Princess once and because we were using the upper bed for our DS the room steward told us he was not allowed to put the lower beds together due to the upper being directly above the lowers. So every night we pushed them together and in the am we moved them apart, they were made up as twins, but I actually enjoyed not having to fight my DH for the covers. So I guess we will just let it play out and see what happens...we are pretty easy going people so I'm sure it will work out just fine.

Happy Cruising!!! :)

We had an L-shaped balcony room a few years ago and loved it! So much so that we are booked in one for our upcoming cruise next February and my parents are booked in the other one next door! We sit on the balcony far more than we ever sit inside on a couch so it is well worth it for us! Having the 2 side by side will be a wonderfully huge balcony as we always ask that the dividers be open between the 2 rooms. As far as getting dressed, hubby got dressed in the bathroom, as he usually does, and I got dressed in the room so it was not an issue for us at all. Most of the ships with the 2.0 upgrades have made a change to where the TV is now located and it is mounted on the wall in front of the bed instead of being on the shelf due to upgrading to flat screen TVs.

I would definitely book one again and again!! We LOVE being in the aft of the ship as well but we never are able to book the actual aft balcony rooms (they go too darn quick!) so this is the next best thing, at least in my opinion!

We had an L-shaped balcony room a few years ago and loved it! So much so that we are booked in one for our upcoming cruise next February and my parents are booked in the other one next door! We sit on the balcony far more than we ever sit inside on a couch so it is well worth it for us! Having the 2 side by side will be a wonderfully huge balcony as we always ask that the dividers be open between the 2 rooms. As far as getting dressed, hubby got dressed in the bathroom, as he usually does, and I got dressed in the room so it was not an issue for us at all. Most of the ships with the 2.0 upgrades have made a change to where the TV is now located and it is mounted on the wall in front of the bed instead of being on the shelf due to upgrading to flat screen TVs.

I would definitely book one again and again!! We LOVE being in the aft of the ship as well but we never are able to book the actual aft balcony rooms (they go too darn quick!) so this is the next best thing, at least in my opinion!

Thank you for your great response. I am excited about trying this cabin, my DH and I have wanted to try one for many years and then DS came along and we now have to have a 3 person cabin. Since DH and DS are not coming along this trip I convinced my friend to try it. I have a feeling we will love it...as long as we can separate the beds, even a little. We have tried the true aft cabins (Emerald Princess) and I was totally surprised by our reaction, but we weren't impressed. The balcony felt like a cave and the noise/voices echoed and were difficult to have conversation over. We also felt like we were missing seeing something. They are OK, but my favorite is the last aft on the sides of the ship...don't know why, but that's our favorite location (which is where we my friend and I are this time). :)

nevermind-- that ship has a different lay out of the cabin

No problem...I have seen a few different cabin layouts. I'm sure no matter what we will have a great cruise. I'm not good with sleeping in the same bed with my husband so I just wanted to be aware of what my friend and I were getting into with our bed situation. I really hadn't thought much of it until I read some old CC posts about the odd shaped cabins few days ago. Our cruise personalizer shows twin beds...so fingers crossed or I'm sleeping on the balcony. ;)

Thanks again. :)

Your beds can be separated...We just sailed in an L shaped cabin in September on the Triumph, and the beds were split up, with a little room between them...of course we wanted ours as one big bed, but the steward fixed it immediately...so if it happens to be that the two beds are together when you get on, just ask your steward and he will remake them up into 2 beds for you. And we had no problems with dressing anywhere in the cabin...in the hall area there is room, in front of the beds there is room...so no problems.

We love the L shape rooms and get one anytime we can, and already have one booked for April on the Triumph again! And enjoy the balcony...and you may get lucky and have a lounger on your balcony..we didn't but the cabin next to us that was also an extra long balcony did...just the luck of the draw...but you will have plenty of room for one if it is there.

And it was undoubtly the quietest cabin we have ever had and no vibrations, or motion to even speak of....