Question about booking your next cruise on board.

deborahjo

Be careful that the price you book at is what is shown on website. They are known for charging a higher price. Tried to do it to me about a year ago and wouldnt look at website to check.

Always do. :D

The gal last year on the Conquest was really good. Didn't play any games.

I've not experienced a bad person on the FCD and the past two cruises the person there couldn't have been better and more accomodating.

Plus, I've never seen where they give a higher price than what is on the website. Though, with the multiple fare options, I can understand how that can happen.

Which is more reason to be prepared before walking up to the FCD and booking a future cruise.

I've not experienced a bad person on the FCD and the past two cruises the person there couldn't have been better and more accomodating.

Plus, I've never seen where they give a higher price than what is on the website. Though, with the multiple fare options, I can understand how that can happen.

Which is more reason to be prepared before walking up to the FCD and booking a future cruise.

Anyone could make a mistake but teed me off when they refused to look at the website and there was nobody on line behind me.

So much easier with FCC's like they still have on Princess. Even better we recently booked a TA with Princess for next year and the FCC became our deposits.:):)

Yeah, I liked the FCCs too. Do wish they would go back to them. I am sure it was easier to handle onboard than the rush of people at the end of the cruise that wanted to do a future booking.

Never understood why they did this. Either way they have your money.

Which is why you should always come prepared to the FCD, knowing the rate package, ship, sail date, cabin, total price. It makes it go much easier and quicker.

For us, ES has always been the cheapest rate when we book. Am aware of the $50/person admin fee if there is a change and actually just had to do it. But still even with this, still was the best deal.

I am wondering if the FCCs were subject to being counterfeited and used illegally. The FCD certainly resolves this issue.

I wonder about this.

Initially they insisted you had to return to them by certified mail and than later on you could do it by email.

On Princess it seems to be embedded into your account and was no problem to apply it via a TA while on the phone booking a cruise.

I know the one we did, which was the last year they offered it, we did it via email. I've seen people selling the FCCs here on CC so it would be much more difficult to do it via certified mail.

And with technology today, there are ways to do it like your suggestion of embedding it into your VIFP account. We should go to the stockholders meeting and suggest this :)

Anyone could make a mistake but teed me off when they refused to look at the website and there was nobody on line behind me.

So much easier with FCC's like they still have on Princess. Even better we recently booked a TA with Princess for next year and the FCC became our deposits.:):)

Yes it seems strange that they were not willing to go to the web page. Just wonder where they were getting the numbers, since the web page numbers are changing constantly.

Usually what I do, and will do the same even when booking with my TA locally is I bring a copy of the web page with the price and selected cabin ( if applicable ) so they see what I want. I too have seen some confusion in the past, but this approach seems to eliminate much debate.

As others have suggested, I wouldn't bother waiting in one of those lines if there is more than one person. I pass by the desk early in the cruise and if there is nobody waiting I book my trip. I like the idea of being able to make an appointment but I can imagine how a lot of people would just not show up ( or show up late ), making it even more trying.

Had better experiences when I bought a cruise on a cruise while sailing the Liberty and the Breeze. I have to agree, however, that some cruisers come to the desk only to have conversations. They have not even decided if they will cruise again or not. When I purchase a cruise, I have all the data and prices on hand and all the Carnival Rep does is confirm and book.

For those with general questions about the program, go to the meeting they usually have on board to discuss issues and answer questions.

We've checked into taking advantage of the FCD in the past, but did not. I can't recall exactly why, other than the desk had odd hours. However, for some reason I recall there being an issue that you actually lose the $100.00 OBC under the FCD if you put in for a rate reduction. Thus, my question is what rate code is FCD booked under? ES? or is there a separate FCD rate. Thanks.

We've checked into taking advantage of the FCD in the past, but did not. I can't recall exactly why, other than the desk had odd hours. However, for some reason I recall there being an issue that you actually lose the $100.00 OBC under the FCD if you put in for a rate reduction. Thus, my question is what rate code is FCD booked under? ES? or is there a separate FCD rate. Thanks.

Yes and No. Many of the Carnival Reps do not understand the program and will tell you that you will lose your $100 OBC. They are considering it the same as the old discontinued program of the Future Cruise Certificate. They have different guidelines.

I have had several price reductions with the Military rate (Very similar to Early Saver). On 2 occasions, I lost my $100 OBC and after some haggling, they were reinstated. My TA is now quite familiar the program and has prevented further loses of the OBC.

Just off the Pride and had a wonderful experience. - never asked me if I wanted to sign up for the credit card, didn't need my sign and sail card, was just asked my cabin #, as easy as it gets.

I actually stopped at the desk to make an appointment, but since no one was in line, just booked then. ( this was early in the cruise )

I also knew exactly the cruise and cabin I wanted, so things were fast !

OP - sorry you had such a terrible experience !!

Jane

Edited by FirstAlto

• 2 months later...