Boarding Number Question

Planmaam

Does anyone know the secret to the boarding numbers? I've read posts on here from people who have been in the first handfull to check in, but have gotten a #6 for boarding. Likewise, I checked in through a Latitudes line and got a higher number than some friends on their first cruise who checked in through the regular line.

Is there any system used here? Or is it truly random? Do the gold and above Latitudes check-in desks have the lowest numbers?

Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks in advance for any tips/tricks/information.

A few weeks ago in NY I got there at 8:30. After they let us thru security I went towards the gold/platinum line and said "it this the platinum line?" They lady said yes and handed me card 1. This is my first time as platinum and not in a suite so I have no clue if it always works that well!!!

A few weeks ago in NY I got there at 8:30. After they let us thru security I went towards the gold/platinum line and said "it this the platinum line?" They lady said yes and handed me card 1. This is my first time as platinum and not in a suite so I have no clue if it always works that well!!!

frankly, anyone getting there that early is going to be one of the first to board.

It depends on the line. IF there is no line for regular boarding and platinum has a line (platinum isn't much special anymore with a lot of potential people in this "vip" line), then the regular line is going to go quicker. I have found the numbers to be in order with you being to a seating area at some ports.

Me, I don't care when I get on board, I always do, at some point, :) and find no perk at being first. Waiting in lines is a given when you have thousands of people to process. I know some people like being "first", I cruise all the time and just don't care. :) The only way to be the most "first" is to get there early as above. But waiting all those hours for them to start boarding? How is that an advantage to waiting later? Doesn't make any sense to me. :)