O.k. Where Are The Senior Deals

juliepaule

Hi all,

Well here we are in the twilight of our lives and we are not getting all these specials. Sure we say we are 55 + but whether we click on that box or not the prices are not any different.

I am patiently waiting for the senior special on the Sun Princess. We are cruising on April 7 2006. We did get a great deal on Celebrity 2 years ago.

But when I called Princess there are no special.

If they gave us at least 5 to 10% off that would be good. What say you all?

This of course would be right off the bat...

Julie

There are quite a few senior deals if you subscribe to email notifications from a lot of the major (reputable) internet agencies.. Unfortunately we cannot name agencies on there but some advertise here on CC. Celebrity often has specials where one person has to be over 55 in the cabin but I see them in these emails and not on Celebrity.. NCL has them on their website occasionally. IMHO these are the best ways to find them.. There are also quite a few cruises that go way down in price after final payment deadlines so if you can travel on 6-12 weeks notice you can often pick up bargains that are even below the senior specials.. AARP Travel Passport is another option but haven't really seen anything there that looks that great to me.. but then we are not "that" fussy about cruise line or cabin altho prefer Princess.

So right Caroline

That was one thing Princess Agent told me. Get back to my TA once the final payment is due en of January. There claim that there might be some special than.

We will wait and see.

Julie

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen very few senior deals when I am looking for a cruise! I, too, have not noticed any special deals when you check over 55 when you are searching for a cruise.

There is one internet agency that you register for as 55 or older & they are supposed to have specials for us. Haven't booked anything with them so can't validate it.

Why can't the cruise lines give you a 10-15% discount when you book a cruise, especially if you are a repeat cruiser with a cruise line and in the over 55 bracket?

Unfortunately we can't post agency names but I can say that several reputable i-net agencies (who also have 800 numbers so you can talk to a person) have 55+ rates on Celebrity quite often... you just need to go online and register with lots of them for their email newsletters.

Morning everyone! I just received an email from an online cruise agency, which I can't/won't name, that has three upcoming senior specials listed.:) There's two seven-day Hawaiin cruises aboard the Norwegian's Pride of America - one leaving Nov. 26 (priced from $849) and another departing Dec. 31 (starting at $1,099).

There's also a seven-night Bermuda cruise aboard Celebrity's Horizon that departs Oct. 1 ($626.75, all tax/pc included!)

If you want me to forward the email to you or send you the name of the agency, feel free to contact me at:

copnlpn2@comcast.net and I'll send the info right out to you!

Happy cruising!

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

Hola,

I'm sorry people, but I have been searching for 4 years. If there are any "bargains", I should have found it by now. I am a member of AARP but need one more year to be 55. I have seen claims of discounts for AARP members but, as of yet, the cheapest trips have been "book early through a online TA". Even after cruising with Carnival 3 times, I have not seen any perks through their site. I think that it is like the gas prices. They charge what they want, when they want. It doesn't matter how old you are, or how many times you have sailed with a particular cruise line..

Please let me know when and if you find a "Senior Discount". I would really like to hear about it.

I do know that Royal Caribbean does have the senior specials on the web, the last person that I talked to at Royal Caribbean said you have to call and ask for them, and I do, have got quite a few senior specials with them, but it is work, they just dont pop out at you.

This is not specifically a deal for seniors, but it is one that seniors can take advantage of--book the August 19, 2006 Caribbean Princess Cruise Critic group cruise by Sept. 30 for only a $100 pp deposit!!! In addition to great group pricing you also get $50 per cabin shipboard credit and other amenities!! Plus, those booking by Sept. 30 will also receive a Princess coupon book!!!

If you are wanting to cruise in the summer, this is a great option. Summer prices are more expensive as these are peak times and it is hard to find good deals. And if you are in a job where you must vacation in the summer, or you are sailing with children/grandchildren or for a special occasion and need to sail in the summer, you don't have many choices for next summer. The Caribbean Princess is the only seven day cruise Princess is offering in the Caribbean next summer and HAL and Celebrity aren't positioning any ships in the Caribbean next summer. So availability for the Caribbean next summer is going to be much more limited than this year and you should book early, especially if you want one of the more desirable cabins.

We will have a sailaway party and a meet and mingle and there will be an opportunity to share shore excursions! However, there is no requirement to do anything with the group if you just want to take advantage of the pricing and amenties--its ok! Thre is also no group dining--you eat when you want. You can do as little or as much as you want with the group.

The ship will be sailing the fantastic Eastern Caribbean itinerary--St. Thomas, St. Martin, and the beautiful Princess Cay! Lots of fun, activities, and great shopping plus usually no tendering except at Princess Cay makes this a very desirable itinerary!!

For more information, click on the links below or email me at kacruiser@ev1.net..

I think you will find the best deals are right at home with your own T/A At least I think I so. I tried Vantage Tours and they have so many tricks to pull on you, You wonder why you tried to save a few bucks. They offered Business Air when I got the tickets Bus Air was one way to Ship, Coach from the Ship. The price I made the deposit on was $700. less then price they charged me.

At 76 years old I don't think I need this hassle

Bigben

• 7 months later...

Hi

I subscribe to several cruiseline newsletters that send me their weekly deals which include the senior deals. Carnival is by far the cheapest and has more deals by far. We have been through local travel agents and dealt directly with cruise line. We just booked a 7 night Caribbean for Sept directly Through a Carnival personal vacation planner. They had a great rate for over 55ers. If one person in your cabin is a military vet. You can even get a much better rate than the 55+ rate. I am a vet so we took the military rate and got a balcony cabin for well under $600. We are taking our granddaughter with us as a third in our cabin and only cost about $199 for her. It would be really hard to beat that deal I think. At times Carnival offers the opertunity for you to book two cabins at military rates for all although there is only one vet so you can bring the family.

Terry

Archived