Just back from Enchantment

orville99

:)Overall, it was a great cruise. Crew was great, our cabin attendant was outstanding, the ship's in great shape and we had wonderful weather.

Just a few nits (and if anyone's on EN in the next week or so, I'd love to know if these were just one-offs)

Parke Café: Friday and Saturday they were serving roast pork loin on Weck - didn't have beef until Sunday:(

Windjammer: Closed on the day we were in Coco Cay. MDR closed at 1PM, so only food choice was Park Cafe:(

No smoked salmon anywhere on the ship. WJ didn't have any, Park Café didn't have any:(

Broadcast three NFL games on the big screen on the pool deck, but no sound - we were told that they were required to play music on the pool deck:(

No movies on the pool deck - in July we watched one out there every night.:(

On a brighter note, Ripple worked - although it was a bit counter-intuitive to set it up

Edited by orville99

Oh wow!!! That pork was GREAT in Park Cafe. I got a pile of the last of one end on boarding day. I quickly got over my no roast beef sandwich disappointment. :)

Gina

Good to hear, I'll make sure to try it next week!:)

Oh wow!!! That pork was GREAT in Park Cafe. I got a pile of the last of one end on boarding day. I quickly got over my no roast beef sandwich disappointment. :)

Gina

Good to hear, I'll make sure to try it next week!:)

I will have to try it next week as well. Park Café is usually our first stop on the EN

Bummer on the WJ being closed for lunch on CocoCay day. I have copies of some Cruise Compasses from last month and it lists it being open 7am-11am for breakfast and noon-3pm for lunch. So the question is was your experience a one-off or is this change new?

I guess I'll find out next week!

Bummer on the WJ being closed for lunch on CocoCay day. I have copies of some Cruise Compasses from last month and it lists it being open 7am-11am for breakfast and noon-3pm for lunch. So the question is was your experience a one-off or is this change new?

I guess I'll find out next week!

That would be a change from last March where only the MDR was open for lunch when the ship was in Coco Cay.

Edited by clarea

it's an iphone app that lets you text while on the ship w/o paying for internet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Are you talking about Ripple Cruise Communicator? The paid app that lets you contact others on the ship at no charge? It gets low ratings and say some Carnival ships have blocked it. Do you find that it really works well? Or does it have issues causing the low ratings?

Gina

Are you talking about Ripple Cruise Communicator? The paid app that lets you contact others on the ship at no charge? It gets low ratings and say some Carnival ships have blocked it. Do you find that it really works well? Or does it have issues causing the low ratings?

Gina

The Ripple app requires a very specific WI-FI setting to be disabled in order to work. That's why it's hit or miss on which ships work and which don't. It all depends on the IT staff on board.

The Ripple app requires a very specific WI-FI setting to be disabled in order to work. That's why it's hit or miss on which ships work and which don't. It all depends on the IT staff on board.

What I'm asking: Is it worth the $4.99? And if the settings are correct, do you find it works well?

Gina

Yes, that's the one. It worked on EN, but setting it up was a bit counterintuitive and clunky. You had to enable the app first, then enable Wi-Fi , and as soon as the RCL wifi connected you had to close down that screen and bring up the Ripple screen. Once the Ripple screen was up, the RCL login screen would pop up, and you had to hit cancel. A dialog box then pops up that asks you if you wanted to use wifi without internet. Click that, and the app works (you have to repeat the process on each device each time you start the service).

Entirely too much trouble to go through just to send a short text message - but it did work.

What I'm asking: Is it worth the $4.99? And if the settings are correct, do you find it works well?

What the other poster was saying is that it might work on one ship and not at all on another. It all depends on the IT people setting up the WiFi in a specific way that is generally considered to be lower security.

I will have to try it next week as well. Park Café is usually our first stop on the EN

I thought the pork was okay, kinda tuff compared to the Roast Beef. I never saw them bring the roast beef out two weeks ago.

I'm curious as to what you think about it, once you return.

Have a great cruise.

I am on the EN in January cant wait have been sailing CCL for the past 8 years and ready to go back to RCCL.. can someone explain the RIPPLE app a little more Internet on CCL was outrageous but i need it for work

The app was only 99 cents in the Apple store. While it worked ok, we couldn't text any more than a sentence or two before it truncated the rest of the message.

Gina

Gina I always love your attitude.

and of course I will always love the Enchantment! So many memories.

Rev

The app was only 99 cents in the Apple store. While it worked ok, we couldn't text any more than a sentence or two before it truncated the rest of the message.

The one I saw in the apple store was Ripple Cruise Connect at $4.99. Is this a different version of Ripple? Is your app specifically the Cruise Connect app?