Does anyone know of a cheaper parking alternative at port of Miami

billy10

The port is so isolated compared to other ports that Miami has few options I would consider safe, at least when compared to similar options at Port Everglades or Canaveral. Google lists a few (search Miami cruise port parking) but last time I searched reviews they were a mixed bag due to location.

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure - but costs $20/day. :(

Parking anywhere else will not be as convenient (crowded shuttles or shuttles that do not show), will likely not be covered, and for sure will not be as secure! :eek:

It is your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Some of the hotels that offer cruise parking deals do a good job - occasionally the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell in downtown would be my top suggestion. Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are also okay. None offer a free shuttle back to your car - so figure $20-25+ for a cab.

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two sources for hotel cruise parking deals. Good luck! :)

Parking anywhere else will not be as convenient (crowded shuttles or shuttles that do not show), will likely not be covered, and for sure will not be as secure! :eek:

Some of the hotels that offer cruise parking deals do a good job - occasionally the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell in downtown would be my top suggestion. Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are also okay. None offer a free shuttle back to your car - so figure $20-25+ for a cab.

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two sources for hotel cruise parking deals. Good luck! :)

Do you need reservations for the parking at the port?

Do a search on "Miami Port Parking"...There are multitudes of POM off-site parking threads on this board...opinions vary widely...IMHO, for the peace of mind and the convenience of parking literally steps from the pier, parking at POM can't be beat. Of course, YMMV.

I'm sure the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell will be discontinuing the cruise parking package very soon. As the parking garages in the area area very quickly being knocked down and built upon, that garage has become very busy. Parking around here has just become awful!