Celebrity GTY Suite Advice Needed

lesarasota

Jenna, thank you for the information and input. I am curious as to why you have deck 7 over deck 8 based on priority? Agree about deck 11. We would actually like deck 12 because we like all the shade, but neither 11 or 12 was available. We have deck 8 on the Silhouette for our TA. We have never stayed in a S1 corner aft. We certainly agree on avoiding deck 10 except for the Reflection.

Thanks, again.

Jenna, thank you for the information and input. I am curious as to why you have deck 7 over deck 8 based on priority? Agree about deck 11. We would actually like deck 12 because we like all the shade, but neither 11 or 12 was available. We have deck 8 on the Silhouette for our TA. We have never stayed in a S1 corner aft. We certainly agree on avoiding deck 10 except for the Reflection.

Thanks, again.

7 and 8 are pretty even, but 8 has slightly more obstruction when trying to look forward down the side. I wouldnt really be concerned with either, that angle only mattered for a few pictures of sunsets I tried to take.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

7 and 8 are pretty even, but 8 has slightly more obstruction when trying to look forward down the side. I wouldnt really be concerned with either, that angle only mattered for a few pictures of sunsets I tried to take.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thank you for your quick response.

Jim

Celebrity assigned us to the S1 1663 cabin--we definitely feel like we lucked out. :o

I do have a question regarding our cabin. I read somewhere online that if you have a GTY Suite on Celebrity that they can switch your cabin without asking. Has anyone had this happen to them? If so, it wouldn't be a downgrade, would it?

A questioin...

When you had a confirmed AQ, did you also have a 123 perk such as free beverage etc?

I've been told by a TA that if one switches from a confirmed category to a GTY even if paying a higher price, one will lose the 123 perks associated with the original confirmed cabin, GTY's don't qualify.

I had booked a 2C balcony on the Solstice sailing Dec 19th. We took advantage of an Aqua gty for a little over $100 pp extra and we kept our drinks package.

Celebrity assigned us to the S1 1663 cabin--we definitely feel like we lucked out. :o

I do have a question regarding our cabin. I read somewhere online that if you have a GTY Suite on Celebrity that they can switch your cabin without asking. Has anyone had this happen to them? If so, it wouldn't be a downgrade, would it?

If you have a guarantee, they can swap you up until boarding for another cabin within the category or a higher category. Since you have a SUITE GTY, you will be in any suite they have left, and can be reassigned from S1 to S2 or PH or whatever suite category there is.

It's VERY rare that once assigned you will be moved, but it HAS happened.

There have also been very rare cases where people get downgraded to a lower category, and in those cases refunds are given as appropriate. These happen so rarely though, it's hardly worth talking about, and likely only if there is a maintenance sort of issue that makes a cabin unable to be occupied during a cruise causing someone to be without a bed.

If you have a guarantee, they can swap you up until boarding for another cabin within the category or a higher category. Since you have a SUITE GTY, you will be in any suite they have left, and can be reassigned from S1 to S2 or PH or whatever suite category there is.

It's VERY rare that once assigned you will be moved, but it HAS happened.

There have also been very rare cases where people get downgraded to a lower category, and in those cases refunds are given as appropriate. These happen so rarely though, it's hardly worth talking about, and likely only if there is a maintenance sort of issue that makes a cabin unable to be occupied during a cruise causing someone to be without a bed.

Thank you for your detailed answer!

I had booked a 2C balcony on the Solstice sailing Dec 19th. We took advantage of an Aqua gty for a little over $100 pp extra and we kept our drinks package.

Was your package part of the 1-2-3 or PYP perk, or did you get it as a perk when booking a future cruise while on board?

I believe our package was the 123Go. It seems like there is a lot of mixed answers of people losing theirs and some keeping theirs.

Did you book the cruise when on board another cruise?

Personally I would not worry even one second about being reassigned to any category less than want you have been assigned. I have been reading CC for many years and I have never heard about this happening to anyone on Celebrity. Like Cle-guy said not even worth mentioning.

Did you book the cruise when on board another cruise?

Reason this is important, is that Book on Board perks travel with the reservation number, where 123 perks do not necessarily carry over as changes often result in a cancelation and rebooking, as 123 perks apply to "new reservations only".

I'm trying to determine from those here that got packages to stick, if they were 123 or On Board purchases.

I have a friend in 2B cabin - they did not book on board and got the 123 perk , who is considering a Suite GTY that is $300 pp extra for a November sailing (new reservations today for that cruise, 123 does not apply), but they don't want to lose the drinks package chasing a suite.

Reason this is important, is that Book on Board perks travel with the reservation number, where 123 perks do not necessarily carry over as changes often result in a cancelation and rebooking, as 123 perks apply to "new reservations only".

I'm trying to determine from those here that got packages to stick, if they were 123 or On Board purchases.

I have a friend in 2B cabin - they did not book on board and got the 123 perk , who is considering a Suite GTY that is $300 pp extra for a November sailing (new reservations today for that cruise, 123 does not apply), but they don't want to lose the drinks package chasing a suite.

We had the very same question Cle-Guy and called X today. The answer is it depends on when your sailing is scheduled and when you look(ed) into upgrading. The Pick Your Perk promo allowed upgrades for December 2014 and later sailings through 10/5/14, then 123Go took over, but it only applies to February 2015 and later sailings right now. Our sailing is in November 2014 and if we were to move to a Guaranteed category we loose our beverage packages and the OBC from the TA for group booking (a room has to be selected at booking, so GTY's do not qualify).

Had we upgraded when Pick Your Perk or 123Go applied to November 2014 and later sailings, we would have only lost the OBC if we upgraded to a GTY category. I hope others get the same message we did today.

We had the very same question Cle-Guy and called X today. The answer is it depends on when your sailing is scheduled and when you look(ed) into upgrading. The Pick Your Perk promo allowed upgrades for December 2014 and later sailings through 10/5/14, then 123Go took over, but it only applies to February 2015 and later sailings right now. Our sailing is in November 2014 and if we were to move to a Guaranteed category we loose our beverage packages and the OBC from the TA for group booking (a room has to be selected at booking, so GTY's do not qualify).

Had we upgraded when Pick Your Perk or 123Go applied to November 2014 and later sailings, we would have only lost the OBC if we upgraded to a GTY category. I hope others get the same message we did today.

We booked this cruise while onboard the Relection last year and they had the 123 promotion, so we had the promotion and the onboard credit for booking while on the ship. We lost both when switching to the suite guarantee. They would not let us use any promotion. We did have the option of booking actual Sky Suite 2 cabin and keeping the promotion, which would have been a wash dollarwise, but then would not have had the possibility of getting a better suite. As it happened, we were assigned the Sky Suite 2 immediately. They are almost gone, so it will be interesting to see if they keep the Suite guarantee price or raise it when they only have better suites available.

I booked our reservation over the phone about 6-months ago as a AQ Room with the 123 bev package (i think).

When we changed to a Suite GTY earlier this week I was told over the phone that if I did, we would possibly lose our bev package due to the fact that it would be a new reservation. I told the agent that it would really disappoint us to lose the beverage package and if it was taken away for simply paying to upgrade we would have to reconsider spending our honeymoon with another cruise line. I'm not quite sure what happened when I was on hold, but we still have our bev package after upgrading.

Edited by lesarasota

My opinion is that it is very likely that you will retain the suite you have been assigned. That said, regardless of the currently showing availability, conceivably you could be moved to any other suite prior to sailing. I don't think there is a bad suite to be had and I would happily sail in any of them. Have only sailed in a suite once, and we also got the corner aft S1 - lovely!!

Don't remember if you said if you are experienced cruisers or not. I am asking because the only issue with aft cabins, that affect some people some of the time, is the motion. If the seas are not calm, the very far forward and the aft cabins will experience more motion. This is a scientific fact and it doesn't matter if some people had nothing but calm seas and felt no motion and so on (sorry, but I am anticipating the usual comebacks:)). My first cruise was on my honeymoon and we were unfortunate enough to encounter seas up to 30' high (fairly rare in the Caribbean). I was miserable. That was 30+ years ago and modern ships handle the seas much better (I have since been on more than 30 cruises after stating 'never again' LOL), but I wanted to mention this just in case it affects you. You want your honeymoon to be a nice as possible I'm sure. It's just something to keep in mind with cabin location. I hope your trip is wonderful and you will definitely enjoy Celebrity!

Edited by phoenix_dream

We booked this cruise while onboard the Relection last year and they had the 123 promotion, so we had the promotion and the onboard credit for booking while on the ship. We lost both when switching to the suite guarantee. They would not let us use any promotion. We did have the option of booking actual Sky Suite 2 cabin and keeping the promotion, which would have been a wash dollarwise, but then would not have had the possibility of getting a better suite. As it happened, we were assigned the Sky Suite 2 immediately. They are almost gone, so it will be interesting to see if they keep the Suite guarantee price or raise it when they only have better suites available.

I'm not sure, but back when you booked last year, you probably got the "standard" 123 of the time, and not the "newer" 123 go all the time offered onboard as of this April, and hence why the 123 didn't travel with the reservation. If it was booked onboard from April on, it would have traveled with your reservation.

Happy sailing,

Jenna