Do any Carnival Platinum benefits carry-over to Princess ?

manmtnmike

Doesn't Princess do that or am I thinking of something else:confused:. Whenever we book a Princess cruise, the veteran benefit for my husband shows up automatically.

Yes, military benefits do show for Princess. However, not all CCL products do this. No Carnival and no Holland America. Don't know about Costa because nobody yet has paid me to cruise with them. :rolleyes:

quote: Interesting. I never received any benefit on Celebrity even though I have taken several RCCL cruises.

I think you have to join both clubs so that they can keep track and add the two together... Worked for us!

Edited by Jessejo

Doesn't Princess do that or am I thinking of something else:confused:. Whenever we book a Princess cruise, the veteran benefit for my husband shows up automatically.

For UK cruisers, you need to apply for the military benefit on Princess each time apparently. P&O UK also gives military credit - my thanks to both lines for a few free bevvies - I shall be back for more!:D

What I find interesting is that Carnival benefits do not even extend to Carnival Australia. Book a cruise down under, and you are a blue card again. So not a stretch they won't extend to Princess. I wish they did, though, would love my Princess days to make me Carnival Diamond.

Yes, military benefits do show for Princess. However, not all CCL products do this. No Carnival and no Holland America. Don't know about Costa because nobody yet has paid me to cruise with them. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation:)

quote: Interesting. I never received any benefit on Celebrity even though I have taken several RCCL cruises.

I think you have to join both clubs so that they can keep track and add the two together... Worked for us!

If you are diamond or above on RCI or elite on X you get the benefits. Yes, you need to tell them. Years ago when I booked my first X cruise I think they asked me if I was Diamond on Royal.

I am not sure about sailing with Carnival cruises but we have sailed once with P and O and once with Ocean Village and the number of days we sailed were added to our Princess days. This helped us reach Elite that little bit faster. I think Princess is the only Carnival brand that does this.

I wish! I could use some free laundry when I have to pack light for flying.

From personal experience, somethings do get damaged just like what happens at a regular Laundry/dry cleaners.

So I never send out items that I value.

RE: coats or jackets make sure

buttons are secured, especially if extras are sown in the coat/jacket's inside or remove them...

If your have brought older dress shirts as my DH does, don't be surprised if they get ripped on the press lines and then you'll receive a note that the rip was already there, which in his case it was not if we would have seen the rip we would not have sent it to the laundry.

Also I had a solid black wool skirt which came back with a spot on it....it was old so again I said nothing...

Just sayin' anything that I value doesn't go to their laundry...

Edited by land lover

If you are diamond or above on RCI or elite on X you get the benefits. Yes, you need to tell them. Years ago when I booked my first X cruise I think they asked me if I was Diamond on Royal.

Our credits were combined way before elite on Celebrity. We were upgraded on both lines. We are elite on X, but not a true Diamond on RCI but get Diamond benefits on RCI, thankfully :)

We're working very hard to be Elite on Princess! We'd love to combine our HAL, Carnival and Costa cruises.

Edited by Jessejo

From personal experience, somethings do get damaged just like what happens at a regular Laundry/dry cleaners.

So I never send out items that I value.

RE: coats or jackets make sure

buttons are secured, especially if extras are sown in the coat/jacket's inside or remove them...

If your have brought older dress shirts as my DH does, don't be surprised if they get ripped on the press lines and then you'll receive a note that the rip was already there, which in his case it was not if we would have seen the rip we would not have sent it to the laundry.

Also I had a solid black wool skirt which came back with a spot on it....it was old so again I said nothing...

Just sayin' anything that I value doesn't go to their laundry...

Oh no, we don't send anything of great value - tshirts, socks, shorts - dress clothes won't ever go to the ship laundry. Basically, if I would let my hubby wash it at home, I'll let the ship wash it. Anything remotely on the delicate side I will do when I get home.