Princess vs. NCL vs. Celebrity

pjo

It seems that most people who have a negative opinion about NCL have had an experience on either the Epic or many years ago on NCL.

We were forced to cruise with Celebrity due to them being the only cruise line serving the Hong Kong - Singapore route at a specific time of year.

Firstly the price we paid was much more expensive than similar length cruises at the same time of year with NCL.

We found the food and service in the MDR was definitely not as wonderful as all the Celebrity reviews on Cruise Critic made us expect.

We missed two dinners on a 14 day cruise due to their set dining times (late seating) because of Celebrity arranged excursions running late. On NCL that would not have been a problem as they have Free Style Dining - 5pm to 10pm

The entertainment on Celebrity was shockingly disappointing compared to what we are used to on NCL. We walked out of two shows which felt like bad school kid attempts.

Do not bargain on making use of lounges with a view on Celebrity unless you have a high Celebrity status. They constantly had private functions in these lounges for their exclusive guests and then ask you to leave the venue. This happened 6 times during our 14 day cruise.

The Celebrity experience was nice but we were expecting much more if you read the reviews on CC and look at the price you pay.

NCL may not be as classy - I call it stuffy - as Celebrity, but we like the freedom to wear what, eat where and when and with who we want to.

We were very happy to return to smiling and friendly faces of the crew on our next NCL cruise.

The ships are all about the same - true some are newer and bigger and a few maybe have some better staff - we look at the food and food prep as well as how clean is the ship - too many ships are like giant "petri dishes" I'd worry about that before I worry about which is better - you can make any of the cruises good - as long as you not sick - we have cruise 41 coming up and its on a Princess - just came of Celebrity few months ago nice cruise dirty ship.

We get a much more value for our money on Princess. The On-Board Credit program is better; the internet cheaper; the drinks and wine cheaper, (wine list more extensive and varied) and Movies Under the Stars are wonderful.

Princess has better night club arrangements ~ I'm tired of standing in the Main Lobby area or sitting on the stairs trying to see a presentation or a small show! A Laundry Room for Passengers is so civilized; it means I can pack less and stop washing everything out in the sink!

The food was about the same, however all those specialty restaurants are a waste. Celebrity Solstice had FIVE. The rates were outrages ranging from $25 to $45. So much for the all-inclusive cruise.

Solstice did offer Escargot every night – very nice, but Royal Princess has such wonderful Bread and the coffee program if GREAT!

We will be shopping for Princess for the next cruise!

Definitely Celebrity. NCL is about four steps below Carnival.

That is not true at all!! Some of you people are just grumpy and can't be pleased at anything.

I don't work for any of the lines, but they are all unique in their own way so don't believe everything you read and give other lines a chance. This is why there is a Cruise Critics.