LIVE REVIEW - OASIS TRANSATLANTIC with Pictures

Kcjarvis

I'll say.....on the Liberty Westbound TA in 2011 and the Mariner Westbound TA in 2012, all Sundays and Mondays The Ship showed Football from the US.

I am hoping to see the games next Sunday when we start our new TA on the Adventurer OTS out of Southampton. And I am a Big San Diego Chargers Fan!

Mike

First of thanks for the wonderful review.

My question is about mytime dining with the new set up. I cruise in feburary before they make it dynamic dining but how does the dining work. I know if you have scheduled it probably tells you which of the three resteraunts to go to but what about the mytime? is there a specific one or you just line up outside like a regular restaurant and wait your turn?

Did all serve the same or different?

First of thanks for the wonderful review.

My question is about mytime dining with the new set up. I cruise in feburary before they make it dynamic dining but how does the dining work. I know if you have scheduled it probably tells you which of the three resteraunts to go to but what about the mytime? is there a specific one or you just line up outside like to a regular restaurant and wait your turn?

Did all serve the same or different?

All three levels serve the same menu, and will continue to do so till DD begins in March. For this TA, MTD was on 4 and 5, with 3 being traditional dining. Whether it will be the same in Feb depends on how many choose MTD and how many traditional. When we sailed her in Aug, 3 & 4 were traditional and 5 was MTD. Your seapass card will say which deck, and it will be very clear once onboard. Menus are the same across all three decks.

All three levels serve the same menu, and will continue to do so till DD begins in March. For this TA, MTD was on 4 and 5, with 3 being traditional dining. Whether it will be the same in Feb depends on how many choose MTD and how many traditional. When we sailed her in Aug, 3 & 4 were traditional and 5 was MTD. Your seapass card will say which deck, and it will be very clear once onboard. Menus are the same across all three decks.

Thanks for the answer.

I see you stated you had a 10:20 am flight, as I have that also for my return flight.

Did you self embark ?

Did you have plenty of time ?

Left the cabin at 6:30 am and was at the gate at 7:22 am. You wont have any problems on the normal Caribbean runs

The worst sight ever!!!!! Pier 18 - FLL

Time to go home

15622631446_9a54ca3880_z.jpg

We waited in the cabin until we saw that self departure had started. We left the cabin at 6:25 am. When we got to deck 5, there was no line to disembark. About 10 mins on line for immigration, 10 mins for a taxi...

Ride to airport, check in, TSA Pre.... We were at the gate at 7:23 am.

15026574853_49a1f416bc_z.jpg

Remember that great food on the flight to Europe... Domestic 1st class is underwhelming

15461113440_18e81e03b2_z.jpg

2 smooth flights and we were home.

15460093589_9b0656ffc4_z.jpg

I will provide a summary in a day or two.

Welcome back home, Ken (and Paulette)!! Looking forward to meet you on the Allure!

Took my DH 2 hours to get through immigration (he opted for the sawgrass mills tours as his flight was not until 5 pm). He reported that immigration was super correct. And of course it´s been the first entry to the US for all European and other non US passengers. So all of them had to go through the regular procedure with photo and fingerprints. On a regular Caribbean run all non US passengers have gone through that procedure at the airport already and it´s just a returning with no new visa waiver or visa process. So on a regular run you only have to show your passport but no fingerprints or photos. That´s why it took much more time yesterday.

steamboats