No more Chef's Table on the Oasis.... bummer

That is, indeed, a bummer! Have I missed news that this was going away for good? Is it just Oasis, or Allure, too, or fleet wide?Our experience on Allure was definitely a dining highlight of all cruises we've taken.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Artemis

I am really bummed. This was my one and only chance to do this. My hubby would never ever agree to pay that kind of money for dinner. I am cruising with a girl friend and we were treating ourselves....

I just moved my 150 CP reservation into my Chef's Table spot. Chef's Table is still showing on the planner as available to book!:mad:

The Chef´s Table used to be in the CL on deck 12. This area will be converted to Wonderland and is currently a big construction site.

According to the DL concierge they won´t continue Chef´s Table on the Oasis as they haven´t found a new place for it yet. This is valid at least until Dynamic Dining starts. They might rethink it. But nothing is for sure...

steamboats

Are you on the Oasis?

On November 15th.

The Chef´s Table used to be in the CL on deck 12. This area will be converted to Wonderland and is currently a big construction site.

According to the DL concierge they won´t continue Chef´s Table on the Oasis as they haven´t found a new place for it yet. This is valid at least until Dynamic Dining starts. They might rethink it. But nothing is for sure...

steamboats

My reservation said it was going to be held in an "exclusive enclave of Chops Grille." I guess that didn't work out!:rolleyes:

steamboats

Is the CL area on deck 11 still the concierge lounge or is it under construction also?

I have always felt that the chef's table should be in a somewhat quiet corner of the galley / kitchen. Why they would want to place it outside the galley just makes it another restaurant table.

Example:

12_parkavesummer2_lg.jpg

That would be pretty great. A week or so ago someone posted that they are doing a kitchen dining experience on Grandeur on a smaller scale / test program.

I am booked on Quantum, departing February 13th, 2015 and DH and I have a reservation at Chef's Table scheduled and paid for on that trip, on that ship.

We haven't heard that this is going away from their dining model and is still listed as a dining experience on their ships. So since we are only hearing about this being cancelled on Oasis and it seems only in a window of time so far - perhaps, it is a temporary thing until they can finish construction, work out the new restaurants and venues with dynamic dining, and situate the new lounges so that they can find a location that will suffice for this dining experience. It is an expensive dinner so I can't see RCCL getting rid of it completely since it is their most upscale dining experience. DH and I love it and it is a treat that we plan for when we can (not on every cruise) but for us, it is worth the money that we pay extra. I do hope that it is only a temporary stop on Oasis while they button up their dining changes and not something that RCCL is planning to do away with completely.

That would be pretty great. A week or so ago someone posted that they are doing a kitchen dining experience on Grandeur on a smaller scale / test program.

This is how Princess did it when we did it on the Coral. You went back into the galley and had a tour and then had champagne and an amuse bouche while learning about the kitchen.

The table was in the main dining room, but set apart and very private

All deckplans onboard and all signage onboard doesn´t mention the CL anymore and only says "Wonderland".

steamboats

Not like the onboard signage could be wrong, as mistermom pointed out in http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44453358&postcount=267

I guess only time will tell which of the information will be correct.

We are booked on the Oasis for Jan. 2016. I guess all the changes will be in place by then. What is Wonderland? :confused:

THanks

Kathy

Wonderland is a new specialty restaurant that is scheduled to go live with the rest of Dynamic Dining on March 14, 2015 (though there has been some suggestion that it might go live earlier).

Not like the onboard signage could be wrong, as mistermom pointed out in http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44453358&postcount=267

I guess only time will tell which of the information will be correct.

I know about this and that´s just a funny "typo" :D. As I told you on the roll call, my DH was confirmed onboard that the whole area will be Wonderland and that the CL is gone (so will the library). And no, he was not speaking to "someone" onboard but someone who is able to tell something. BTW check out the other thread started by RCI. They don´t mention the CL in their initial post anymore but only Suite Lounge and Diamond Lounge.

steamboats