2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

This Ebola scare is in my opinion being fanned by the new media. It is a shame. I hope this dosent effect the cruise industry. This isnt a carnival issue but will become an issue for all cruise lines because of the fear the new media is causing. I feel sorry for the passegner who is isolated. Like the nurses who flew from dallas. She was given clearance to travel by the cdc. Now she is being treated like a common criminal. I hope we as a society will take a step back and take a deep breath. Look at the facts not what talking heads are telling us. The news media are just trying to add fuel to the fire for ratings. Think about this. There have been 3 confirmed cases of Ebola in the United States. 3 people out of 300 million citizens. I feel safe with those numbers to travel.

A voice of reason in a sea of chaos! Thank you.

I guess the only "culprit" here is the CDC. Moreso in the case of the nurse that was allowed to fly despite showing a fever. Which I understand wasn't high enough to be consider "symptomatic" But the CDC acts in an abundance of caution only after the *hit hits the fan? Kind of defeats the purpose.

Does anyone think it is odd that there is no one on the Carnival ship posting to cruise critic what is happening. Seems really unusual to me. Just saying.

No. Sometimes you get active members who occasionally check Cruise Critic onboard or you encounter those who are just trying to enjoy their cruise experience. Some guests choose not to spend money on Internet, whereas some can run over 1,000 minutes on a cruise easily by working from home while on a cruise. It's the luck of the draw and every person or sailing is different. Some may only sign on to update their status on social media website, but that may not necessarily make its way here.

Sure, it would be nice if someone onboard can fill in the gaps. However, once the ship gets into Galveston, we'll most likely have our answers.

Edited by Disconnections

I found it VERY strange that no one from the ship has been posted on here too!!

However, someone posted a helpful site a few pages back that I did not know about until now. On Carnival's main page there is a Forum for passengers currently on board to communicate back home and people on the Magic have posted. Seems the people who have posted are in good spirits and DID get off the ship and spend the day in Belize and it wasn't until the ship didn't leave Belize five hours late that they found out about the asymptomatic lab technician on board.

So Belize didn't let the lab technician and her huband enter but they certainly allowed all the crusie passengers in to spend money in their country.

Handle what exactly? :confused: She has not tested positive for Ebola... she is 19 days out from being present in a lab where his specimens were. It isn't known if she even handled any of them. She has no symptoms and is not sick. Send her to a facility for what? :confused:

If you had quoted my entire post you wouldn't have this question

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No one on the Magic is sick. There is no Ebola on the Magic.

So... What about the Magic cruise Oct. 19th? There is nothing to disinfect, but will they go through the motions? Will the next set of ports deny access?

You are probably correct. But has her blood been tested and results back?

Chances are all us well but truth us we really do need those lab results before we can say she is not sick

I think it's safe to say that we won't know the full extent of the situation until the Magic returns to US waters and government officials are able to fully examine the situation on board. Even then I don't think the Magic will be clear to sail for at least a few days.

If you had quoted my entire post you wouldn't have this question

Nope... still have it.

"Are you referring to the failed effort to get her back via Belize airport or is this new?

Wasn't the ship headed toward coz?

This info may be old

But if not

Good and take her straight to one of the 4 facilities that can handle this

But dear lord I hope this too is just a precaution and she/he is not ill or the poster just posted outdated info

Last edited by luvtheships; Today at 12:53 PM."

You are probably correct. But has her blood been tested and results back?

Chances are all us well but truth us we really do need those lab results before we can say she is not sick

Are we going to expect everyone that worked in that hospital to be tested to prove that they are not sick? She is not showing any symptoms which means that even if she was infected she is not shedding viral products. [That means there is nothing to clean up.]

There is absolutely no reason for "those lab tests".