2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

That's what I read also. If the infected person sneezes on, for instance, a counter top at Starbucks and you come along and touch that counter top and then touch your eyes or mouth .... you would have a good chance of getting infected.

The ignorance on this thread astounds me. I'm way more afraid for the future of this country because of that, than I am of Ebola :rolleyes:

The person on the Carnival Magic is NOT sick. The cruise line as well as the ports visited are being WAY over cautious and it's costing them money. Serves them right, imho.

I wonder just how much a port like Belize or Cozumel makes each day that a cruise ship is there :confused:

That's what I read also. If the infected person sneezes on, for instance, a counter top at Starbucks and you come along and touch that counter top and then touch your eyes or mouth .... you would have a good chance of getting infected.

This is where the CDC information boggles me. They say you cannot get ebola FROM someone sneezing near you, but if you stick your finger in your nose with a contaminated finger of your own, then you can get it. I don't see the difference as a professional. Contaminated snot is contaminated snot, and if it enters thru a break in your skin, your privates, or your eyes, mouth, or NOSE (AS THEY SAY IT CAN) it's a mute point if it was place there by your direct contact or via a blown chunk out of someone's nasal passages, eww, now I am leaving this thread, at least for the night. Considering the gear the "trained" ebola professionals wear it's pretty obvious airborne transmission is on their minds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The ignorance on this thread astounds me. I'm way more afraid for the future of this country because of that, than I am of Ebola :rolleyes:

The person on the Carnival Magic is NOT sick. The cruise line as well as the ports visited are being WAY over cautious and it's costing them money. Serves them right, imho.

I wonder just how much a port like Belize or Cozumel makes each day that a cruise ship is there :confused:

Yeah. Just like we were told the nurse who flew wasn't sick. And now we find out she was, a lot earlier than they originally said.

Most recent news article I read said Carnival is giving $200 OBC and 50% off next cruise to everyone. It states - because they couldn't get off in Cozumel. Normally that's $25 credit if your lucky (due to weather). Pretty good of Carnival for something that wasn't their fault. Although they will probably file an insurance claim to cover it. Here's a link to the article - http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Health-Care-Worker-Who-May-Have-Had-Contact-With-Ebola-Is-on-Cruise-Ship-279537152.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand

How would you feel if they (the couple) were your table mates?? I know they aren't showing signs but it would still scare the daylights out of me.

On cnn that people will get a 25 percent rebate on a future cruise. I am sorry if i was on that cruise and could not go to any islands i would want full compensation. That is ridiculous. If people accept that they are crazy!

If this "medical professional" had just contacted Carnival before the cruise and explained that she needed to reschedule because she worked in the lab of the hospital where the ebola victim was a patient, I'm sure they would have been more than HAPPY and grateful to refund her cruise payment. Her desire to go on vacation overroad her sense of responsibility, plain and simple. Now it's costing Carnival thousands and affecting the vacations of thousands of people.

Selfish on her part. Anyone with a lick of common sense would not have left the country knowing it was POSSIBLE they could come down with it.

Add to that a floating city of confined individuals and they should just tatto IDIOT on her forehead. I don't think she wants her name getting out there.

Astounds? Then you haven't been around here long enough. ;) It is kind of like watching a train wreck, isn't it? If people want to believe Ebola is airborne and we're all gonna die... then factual information is not going to change their minds.

On cnn that people will get a 25 percent rebate on a future cruise. I am sorry if i was on that cruise and could not go to any islands i would want full compensation. That is ridiculous. If people accept that they are crazy!

CNN is not always correct.

Carnival has released a statement, as earlier posted, that it is 50% off a future cruise as well as $200 obc per person. Carnival has gone above and beyond in a situation they did not create. If it had been Carnivals fault then maybe more compensation but the error is that of the CDC and the health professional, not Carnival.

They only missed one:eek: They are getting 50% off their next cruise. That's fair, actually very good considering the rest of the cruise was normal. They were not stuck at sea like Triumph:rolleyes:

Sheesh, one day until we sail on the Magic and then all this. And to think I was worried about leaving the cat! I am wondering if we do get to sail - will we be denied entry at the ports since the workers stay onboard for the next cruise?

My guess is they cancel the cruise anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CNN is not always correct.

Carnival has released a statement, as earlier posted, that it is 50% off a future cruise as well as $200 obc per person. Carnival has gone above and beyond in a situation they did not create.

Very generous. I'd take that over visiting Cozumel.

Well just to pop in between all the bitterness on this. It looks to me like the person had no idea they should have not gone on a cruise. It looks like the hospital botched the whole thing and put no restrictions on the people who possibly came into contact. Once the people from the hospital came down with it then they said wooooo maybe we should do something and they did. Unfortunately this person was already out to sea. Seems like once they caught word or someone recognized the situation the person was very cooperative to go into confinement. I am failing to in anyway see what the person did wrong. The ports probably made a good call not allowing the people to come ashore (keep in mind they lost millions to there economy by not letting the ship dock). Also seems as if Carnival did the right thing. My main concern is them letting the passengers off the ship until they are 100% sure there is nothing to be concerned with. Nothing would be worse than if 3,000 passengers which have the smallest of % to be infected got off and went home through out the US. That would be devastating. I hope they take every precaution before letting all these people off. Yes I know it would suck for them to be sitting on the ship a couple of miles off the coast for a few days but well worth it should there be the slights of any chance. That would be a huge mistake. I think the blame has to go back to the hospital who originally botched the whole thing. Just my 2 cents and not going to argue with those on here who seem bitter. Overall seems like the situation has been dealt with well once it was discovered.

If this "medical professional" had just contacted Carnival before the cruise and explained that she needed to reschedule because she worked in the lab of the hospital where the ebola victim was a patient, I'm sure they would have been more than HAPPY and grateful to refund her cruise payment. Her desire to go on vacation overroad her sense of responsibility, plain and simple. Now it's costing Carnival thousands and affecting the vacations of thousands of people.

I was just on the 9/28 sailing of the Magic and of course met many Texans and Okies.

The story (by someone who knows the woman) is that the woman's employer (the lab) did not tell her what she had been exposed to until she was on the ship, and she immediately told the ship staff once she knew. She was as resposible as she could be under the circumstances.

How many of us have had our employers lie or keep valuable info from us? Exactly!! :eek:

Knowing CNN they probably showed pictures of Triumph.

They only missed one stop in Cozumel. No big deal.

I spoke with Carnival. The health care worker is quarantined in the ships infirmary. I had the same concern regarding her cabin as others have expressed, as I am booked to sail on Magic this Sunday. Carnival told me the CDC has restricted her cabin for sale on the next cruise. Workers are supposedly disinfecting it.

Magic may or may not be able to sail based upon the response of the countries she is scheduled to visit. My wife's first reaction on hearing about this was "there is no way in h**l we are getting on that boat". Public reaction may cause her to stay in port. It will be interesting to see.

Then they need to disinfect the infirmary

Question? The crew knows what precautions to take while cleaning her cabin?

I really doubt the infirmary is equipped to hold this patient

My guess ship is out service for quite awhile. Probably for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Forums