Princess Cruise line and Kids

twokids0204

We have done Carnival in the past, and are doing Royal Caribbean in a week and half.

We are looking into an Alaska cruise for 2015, and the itineraries and pricing on Princess (and Celebrity) seem appealing.

My kids will be 11 and 13, is there enough activities for them that they won't be bored, or feel like we are dragging them around. Obviously all kids are different, but just wondering from other's experiences.

Princess had children's facilities just for them (based on age.) My 8 year old grandsons went with us on the Star to Alaska in July, and they loved the experience. We had to drag them out of the kids' club every night for dinner.

For Alaska, keep in mind that Celebrity does not have permission to sail to Glacier Bay, which is a "must see" if at all possible. Princess and HAL have much better and long-standing Alaskan cruise experience.

Princess has an excellent kids program and in Alaska, you'll find lots of families and kids cruising.

We did an Alaskan cruise with Princess with our daughter and she had an excellent time! She spent more time with them then us :). They even had a scenic cruising time set up just for kids, hot chocolate and all. Don't hesitate to book because of the kids. They will have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have had our your GD with us (and her parents!) on both the RCCL and Prncess ships. They both have an excellent children's program and like others have said at times we had to drag her out of the special children's area. I don't imagine there will be a problem with your two.

As already mentioned, a trip into Glacier Bay is a must as it is absolutely amazing seeing the glacier and watching it calve (big parts falling off into the water). Because it is somewhat small, ships have to have permission from the National Park to enter and the number allowed is small. Only one ship is allowed in at any one time. Princess and HAL are the cruise lines that enter the bay. Given that you have two youngsters, I would go with Princess. Princess has been going to AK for a long time and has a lot of experience.

We went about ten years ago on the Sapphire Princess in mid-August. Plenty of kids on board. Our girl was 7 so in the middle group, which now is the 8 to 12 group called Shockwaves. Plenty of activities, including science-oriented ones. They made models of the solar system and glaciers -- along with the usual arts, crafts, games, movies, etc. The teen group is Remix.

The big tip is to go the first day so you can sign them up (maybe each parent goes with one kid) so they can meet the others in their groups. That seems to be very important for the teen group.

We have done Carnival in the past, and are doing Royal Caribbean in a week and half.

We are looking into an Alaska cruise for 2015, and the itineraries and pricing on Princess (and Celebrity) seem appealing.

My kids will be 11 and 13, is there enough activities for them that they won't be bored, or feel like we are dragging them around. Obviously all kids are different, but just wondering from other's experiences.

Princess kept the teen center open until 1 am each night so that the parents had time to go out and dance. I was on a Christmas Cruise last year and we had over 750 kids on board. We rarely saw any kids as they were so busy doing their own thing.