Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Joanna, have they said if the detour to the Azores will affect the schedule at all?

When we left the Azores this morning, the Captain announced that it shouldn't impact our schedule. Fingers crossed!

Your posts have been fantastic. I think everybody expected that the super fast internet would be working. Given that it's not, I don't think anybody can be offended that your are not spending your whole day uploading pics.

Enjoy your cruise/crossing. You can always upload pics when you get home.

Thanks for your posts!

Thank you for understanding! We do want to share everything, but it is frustrating to watch a progress meter vs all the wonderful things QoS had to offer.

Thank you for understanding! We do want to share everything, but it is frustrating to watch a progress meter vs all the wonderful things QoS had to offer.

You have been more than generous with your vacation time. Enjoy your cruise! You will be home before you know it. We can wait a few more days to see all the pictures.

When we left the Azores this morning, the Captain announced that it shouldn't impact our schedule. Fingers crossed!

Thanks, we're crossing our fingers for you too.:) Thanks much for sharing your cruise with us.

A BIG favor please - I love all the pics you posted of your superior grand suite on the Launchers page. If you have extra time could you please take a pic from on the balcony - from the end of the right side as you exit looking toward the wrap around area. It is hard from the close up of the opening to get to wrap around to see how much that divider really blocks the view. I DO wish they could just remove those dividers in the corner for a clear view. Maybe it isn't as bad as I think it is - thanks so much - wishing you smooth sailing and a wonderful cruise - it is so kind of you to take pics and provide comments for us. Thanks again - much appreciated. Looking forward to this balcony pic and any others you post on Launchers page - so exciting to finally see the details. LOVE the huge porthole - suite looks "sweet" - hope you enjoy it!!

Hi - I think I took these photos from the angle you wanted. In calm waters, the sliding partition will stay open. I'm so glad it's there with these high winds because we would not be able to comfortably sit on the balcony at all without it.

The configuration works - if you're expecting it to wrap like an aft cabin, you will be disappointed though. It's more like two rooms, and in less wind, I would move the table and chairs to the side area for extra room. It is a lovely balcony - a little on the narrow side (think Vision class Grand Suite balconies).

63c2a32baca120debb34b14bfc46b226.jpg73514963e58dcd26541df37e9fab6340.jpg4475ea0db0c4aed6dd08ce7e0d9c8e2e.jpg

I so much appreciate the time you took to give us a vantage point from the other side of the balcony - not as bad as I thought with the one side open (still wish other side could go away also). The size looks great and on a smooth sailing day will be fine when it is open. Again, this is YOUR vacation and you are most kind for keeping us updated on all our detailed questions. I assume you are totally happy with the superior grand suite. It looks lovely! It is hard to figure the bathroom configuration - but you said it was quite spacious. It seems so different from prior grand suites. Wishing you smooth sailing and a great cruise - again thanks - so excited to sail in March and appreciate your pics. ENJOY!!! We will be in 8234 right across the hall from you!!

Thank you for all your great posts. Speaking for myself, the photos of cabins from the cabin crawl could wait until your return. Since we are booked on this ship, we are anxious to see the cabins, but two weeks from now is better than you wasting valuable vacation time.

In looking at your pics, I totally agree, I think I would move the table and 2 chairs to the angled side of the balcony. That seems to be a great idea. Yes, I thought it would be more like the aft wraparound, but I can surely deal with this, as the suite looks wonderful - love the sliding glass doors, glass by bed, and the huge porthole. This gives us lots of sea visibility.

I liked the prior grand suites, but this looks good. The bathroom seems "unusual" but it might be nice actually having the 2 sinks NOT next to each other. If you have a chance - LAST request - HONEST - could take a quick snap looking into the bathroom from one of the doors - just hard to figure.

Again - thanks so much - this is so kind of you and your efforts are greatly appreciated. It was so disappointing that Royal Caribbean never gave a floor plan of this category cabin - bought this the first day it opened - just wish I had had more information earlier. The huge porthole was a nice surprise - that wowed me about the suite. Hope the ship is WOWING you!

Again, many thanks - wish you the best!

yes please do. This is a most confusing thread to read. Stop copying and posting entire threads.

I agree completely. I feel we should just let the Reporters do their job and most questions will be answered. It is difficult to wade through all the copying of posts and then a Thank you. I want to see what the reporters report and not all the un needed replies. If you have a question then post it. Thank the reporters on the last day for their total posts. This is just my opinion but it sure would be easier to see what the Quantum reporters have to say. I do not mean to offend anyone.

[

Low point so far was Grande. We felt the venue was a glorified MDR with subpar food quality. Lobster bisque was bad and the tiny shrimp in the "jumbo prawn cocktail" appetizer may have gotten even smaller.

Thanks for your taking time to tell us about your cruise. Was the dress code enforced in the Grande?? My husband does not want to wear a jacket, so I was wondering if any men just wore a shirt and tie (and pants of course)?

[

Low point so far was Grande. We felt the venue was a glorified MDR with subpar food quality. Lobster bisque was bad and the tiny shrimp in the "jumbo prawn cocktail" appetizer may have gotten even smaller.

Thanks for your taking time to tell us about your cruise. Was the dress code enforced in the Grande?? My husband does not want to wear a jacket, so I was wondering if any men just wore a shirt and tie (and pants of course)?

If you disliked the food do much, you good have disembarked at punta Delgado:rolleyes:

I have seen several pictures of this online -maybe in another thread. Google USA Today Quantum suites and it will come up - hope this helps!

I want to see someone's picture's that is on the ship now and their thoughts of the cabin. I don't want to see stock shots of the cabin.

Jimbo:)

I want to see someone's picture's that is on the ship now and their thoughts of the cabin. I don't want to see stock shots of the cabin.

Jimbo:)

The OP have stated numerous times they have dozens and dozens of pics of various cabin categories they'll upload once the Internet connection improves. :rolleyes::rolleyes: