Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Hi

I have seen a cabin crawl mentioned?......are there any photos? (apologies if I have missed them!) I am anxious to see a Family Junior Suite if possible!!

There's pictures of a SJS on the social media site we can't mention here on the QOS page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Royal is thinking right now:

Given this:

In fairness I think they are doing their best and some people have no understanding of a new ship.

In all fairness, the queue for Guest Relations on Liberty last month was as long as that most of the time!

Well, American icon restaurant has a flank steak which I've heard was good, but seriously, if you can, have the 16oz dry aged steak in chops grille, pricey but I'm still dreaming of it. If you really like steak you have to go for this. (18$ on top of $35 cover. But it was that good.

WOW. I though $25 for Room Service steak at a hotel in Times Square was expensive, I don't particularly want to spend $53 on a steak

SeaPlex is great! It's where circus school takes place, roller skating, bumper cars, soccer, dodgeball, 3 on 3 and lots of other activities. There are ping pong tables, I think I saw fooseball tables & definitely an xbox gaming center. I have taken a ton of photos but I don't plan to load any until I return home.

Thanks for posting that feedback...it just seems that there is very little reporting on that area compared to all the other new attractions. After seeing tons of ads and promos on the bumper cars...just surprised to see hardly any mention of it in this thread so far.

In all fairness, the queue for Guest Relations on Liberty last month was as long as that most of the time!

WOW. I though $25 for Room Service steak at a hotel in Times Square was expensive, I don't particularly want to spend $53 on a steak

I hear you. All the other steaks are included in the $35. Only extra for the dry aged usda certified. And it is a 16oz that's a big piece of meat, for me anyway! So I wanted to experience what they advertised as the best. And I don't regret that $53 at all!

I hear you. All the other steaks are included in the $35. Only extra for the dry aged usda certified. And it is a 16oz that's a big piece of meat, for me anyway! So I wanted to experience what they advertised as the best. And I don't regret that $53 at all!

No worries...I've been to NY numerous times and have yet to find a $25 steak via room service anywhere...so I question the info in original post. In fact...on a recent trip...a simple sandwich and soup lunch was $25 for room service. Beverage was extra.

For a good steak - 16 oz - you'd be looking at $45 - $60 numerous places. I'd follow you're path and enjoy it at those prices.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

No worries...I've been to NY numerous times and have yet to find a $25 steak via room service anywhere...so I question the info in original post. In fact...on a recent trip...a simple sandwich and soup lunch was $25 for room service. Beverage was extra.

For a good steak - 16 oz - you'd be looking at $45 - $60 numerous places. I'd follow you're path and enjoy it at those prices.

My thoughts exactly!

I was a bit off, its $35 at Westin Times Square - http://westinny.com/pdf/irdmenu.pdf

$45 for a steak seems expensive, a local restaurant to me charges $18 for a decent 16oz steak

The guys scribbling art is right outside the Schooner and Izumi on deck 5 in the Esplanade. They are quite fun. You can also draw on the screens with them, so they're a bit interactive.

Seaplex has been used a lot and there are bumper car and circus school/trapeze pics on the Shutterfly site. I saw both basketball and juggling class up there today. I also reported a bit on the roller skating.

Sad to report that the winds are too high and no Ripcord today. They are rescheduling everyone for tomorrow. I am grateful that the weather was nice yesterday and I at least got one flight in this trip. I haven't managed to catch the rock wall open at all and that's one of my favorite things. The times when it's been available I've been off doing Northstar or Ripcord, etc. Our weather just hasn't been conducive to a lot of the outdoor things. Which is what makes the Seaplex, indoor pool, and Solarium such great spaces.

Someone asked about the ship feeling crowded. I know we're not sailing full, but the only time I have realized I am onboard with this many people was the queue for the Northstar and attending shows. Other than that, it's felt quite spacious. I personally am a huge fan of the Esplanade over the Promenade on other ships. The Promenades are one big huge rectangle with walkways that seem to clog at peak times. So far, to me anyway, the Esplanade with its twists and angles and nooks and crannies has a much easier traffic flow.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here's a chart for Q's dining venues along w/prices, dress code, deck location/level,meal time and 'notes'...

Thanks for putting this together. I understand that Grande was listed as formal dress except that Royal will not enforce the dress code it lists. What a shame in that it is about the only place that originally required formal. Royal please enforce the formal dress as listed.

HandE, Thanks so much for all of the information provided on your recent review. Interesting that the specialty restaurants have been so busy. Must be a dream come true for RCCL! ;)

I thought I read early in this thread that everyone was given some on board credit. Is that true? If it is, then maybe that is why the paid restaurants are getting so much business. We don't really drink and I usually prepay the gratuities, so if we were given unexpected onboard credit, I would try to use it up in the restaurants.

I'm asking because in planning our March, 1 2015 cruise, I made sure I had a reservation for a "free" restaurant each night, thinking I would just switch to the paid as we want them as we have on all of our other cruises.

We may have to rethink! What is the word form you folks on board??

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide so much great info and excellent pictures!

I thought I read early in this thread that everyone was given some on board credit. Is that true? If it is, then maybe that is why the paid restaurants are getting so much business. We don't really drink and I usually prepay the gratuities, so if we were given unexpected onboard credit, I would try to use it up in the restaurants.

I'm asking because in planning our March, 1 2015 cruise, I made sure I had a reservation for a "free" restaurant each night, thinking I would just switch to the paid as we want them as we have on all of our other cruises.

We may have to rethink! What is the word form you folks on board??

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide so much great info and excellent pictures!

That makes perfect sense. I think you may be correct. People getting OBC may be trying to book pay restaurants to use it up. Hopefully, on future cruises it won't be that tough to get into a pay restaurant.

Scrolled through the thread and also looked on shutterfly and didn't see a menu from Coastal Kitchen. Given that it seems most, if not all, of the other comp restaurant menus are now different from what Royal has on their website can someone please post the CK menu? Thanks.

Scrolled through the thread and also looked on shutterfly and didn't see a menu from Coastal Kitchen. Given that it seems most, if not all, of the other comp restaurant menus are now different from what Royal has on their website can someone please post the CK menu? Thanks.

I believe this link will give the correct version of the mnu for Coastal Kitchen. A couple of the other menus listed here are as they are currently on the ship.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/coastal.pdf