premium vs ultimate drink package

msweezie

We will be on the Navigator the 2nd week of Feb. My husband wants to get the Ultimate drink package and I want to pay for my drinks because I know I won't enough to justify the package. In the past, if I'm in the cabin getting ready for dinner my husband would go down to the bar and buy 2 drinks and bring one back for me. If he gets the package and goes through the same routine, I'm guessing he'd have to tell the bartender to charge for one of the drink?? Any thoughts?

We will be on the Navigator the 2nd week of Feb. My husband wants to get the Ultimate drink package and I want to pay for my drinks because I know I won't enough to justify the package. In the past, if I'm in the cabin getting ready for dinner my husband would go down to the bar and buy 2 drinks and bring one back for me. If he gets the package and goes through the same routine, I'm guessing he'd have to tell the bartender to charge for one of the drink?? Any thoughts?

That's correct, he would have to pay for the second drink because he can only get one drink at a time with the package.

Hi,

My husband and I are thinking to get either the ultimate or the premium and were wondering if spirit shots are included (vodka, tequila, etc). It heard that they are not but I'd like to find out if its true or not. It won't make sense if its not, paying so much money and only a selection of certain beverages is included. Looking forward to a reply on this please! :confused:

Yes, shots are included in both premium and ultimate package (as booze inclusions are the same) Tequila, vodka, etc all fine. Did a fair amount of lemon drops on our last sailing. Steven in Blaze on Oasis made a wicked one.

The after dinner shots are included also, however the souvenir glass is not. Chocolate chip, mint chocolate, B-52, etc all good. And included. Just not the special glass. Our drink waiter (Arthur, from Trinidad), knew to just bring in normal shot glass. After the second night, he just brought out the shot of the day without us asking. Delish and lovely way to finish dinner.

Enjoy.

We are getting this package in December on Independence. Regarding bottled water, do we just walk up to the bars and ask fir a bottle of water? Would lime to have a few in our cabin for night/day.

Thanks.

js

We are getting this package in December on Independence. Regarding bottled water, do we just walk up to the bars and ask fir a bottle of water? Would lime to have a few in our cabin for night/day.

Thanks.

js

Yes, just like you would if paying for it by the bottle. Walk up to bar, order a bottle of water, hand over your card, get bottle, may or maybe not have to sign a zero balance receipt (varies by ship and bartender). You can hit several bats on the way back to cabin and stock up on bottles. No problem.

I dont plan on getting any drink packages but my partner will prob get the soda package.

How do we go about getting water? I want to be able to take some with me on port days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont plan on getting any drink packages but my partner will prob get the soda package.

How do we go about getting water? I want to be able to take some with me on port days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The soda package does not include bottled water. You can buy a water package or use the bottles in your mini bar and they will charge you per bottle.

Otherwise you can take refillable bottles onto the ship and full them up from the tap in your stateroom (the tap water is fine to drink).

• 3 weeks later...
I just called RC and they said that premium package includes pretty much everything just not specialty coffees which are included in the ultimate package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. That really helps justify the cost then, because maybe I won't drink 5-6 alcoholic drinks everyday, but if I can get soda and water bottles with it also I can make it worth the money.

Unless I am missing something...

No it seems right! I have exact the same dilemma! My hubby wants the select package which includes beer and wine and I will most likely get premium because I love cocktails, and it has water bottles and soda as well. Premium sounds like a good package to go with. Because honestly if there is something like coffee once in a blue moon that can be bought separately if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as I can get regular coffee, which I think is free (correct?) then I am good. When I cruise I like my frozen drinks, so I need the Premium also, and DH likes his drinks. Just seems like a no brainer, and will really cut our Onboard tab down....

I just got off of the Explorer yesterday and I had the Ultimate package and my husband had the select package. If you are just a beer and wine drinker, the select is great, but doesn't let you get water bottles.

I know with the ultimate, I was able to get every and anything on the ship that I wanted, including beer, wine, bottled water, sodas as well as all cocktails along with top shelf liquor. I was told on broad that the premium is pretty much the same without top shelf products.

I like my gin and tonics so I went with the ultimate for the price per day.

Here was my day and don't think of me as a drunk, please.

Fresh OJ in the mornings.

At pool, 1 or 2 gin and tonics

Dinner 1 or 2 wines

Shows and entertainment later 1 or 2 more cocktails of some kind.

Six to eight drinks are definitely more than the $55 per day charge.

I think it is up to you how much you want to drink and what you like to drink. I like high price drinks and decided to spend the money upfront so I didn't have to worry while on the boat.

Hi, this is great info! Gives a great example for sure! It's a good amount of drinks to have everyday! Just think how much one can drink at an all-inclusive resort, there was vodka and champaign available for breakfast! Glad you had a good time! This helps a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going to go on a Med Cruise in July. This is a trip more focused on excursions so I won't be on the ship that much, leave early in the morning and get back later in the afternoon. Would it be worth it to get the Premium package if I'm not on the ship that much?

How much is a bottle of water?

Since I will be in Italy, can I bring my own wine bottle on the ship?

I just got off of the Explorer yesterday and I had the Ultimate package and my husband had the select package. If you are just a beer and wine drinker, the select is great, but doesn't let you get water bottles.

I know with the ultimate, I was able to get every and anything on the ship that I wanted, including beer, wine, bottled water, sodas as well as all cocktails along with top shelf liquor. I was told on broad that the premium is pretty much the same without top shelf products.

I like my gin and tonics so I went with the ultimate for the price per day.

Here was my day and don't think of me as a drunk, please.

Fresh OJ in the mornings.

At pool, 1 or 2 gin and tonics

Dinner 1 or 2 wines

Shows and entertainment later 1 or 2 more cocktails of some kind.

Six to eight drinks are definitely more than the $55 per day charge.

I think it is up to you how much you want to drink and what you like to drink. I like high price drinks and decided to spend the money upfront so I didn't have to worry while on the boat.

thank you for this info! Will be on Explorer next week:) Where can I get the fresh orange juice if I want a mimosa? Thank you!