Passport-Wow Wow Wow.

lindasuej

Passport agency received our passport renewal request Tues 10/14. Today Monday 10/20 our new passports arrived in the mail. Wow, that was FAST

Expedited or normal service?

My DW just renewed hers and it took 4 weeks which wasn't too bad. It was mailed to Philadelphia for processing. My last renewal was in 2007 and was caught up with the huge delays they had then. It took two and a half months.

Passport agency received our passport renewal request Tues 10/14. Today Monday 10/20 our new passports arrived in the mail. Wow, that was FAST

We renewed our passports in August and also got them back in about a week. We did not use expedited service. We used the normal service. We too were amazed at the fast turnaround. Never got them back any faster than that. They must have done something to streamline the process recently.

Wow is right! Which passport processing location did you use?

(((Making a note for future reference...)))

I live in Indiana. The instructions said to send to

For routine service.

National Passport Processing Center

post Office Box 90155

Philadelphia, Pa 19190-0155

It recommends due to the sensitivity of the documentments ( had to enclose expired passport) that it be sent using a track able mailing service which we did.

The postmaster said because we were sending on a Friday and there was a holiday that Monday they wouldn't get it until Tues 10/14. I paid only $110 renewal fee. It arrived in the mail on Monday 10/20.

Can't believe you guys have to mail your passport renewals for processing. Renewed my New Zealand passport last year on line on the Friday and the following Wednesday courier was at my door in Australia with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't believe you guys have to mail your passport renewals for processing. Renewed my New Zealand passport last year on line on the Friday and the following Wednesday courier was at my door in Australia with it.

I know you can do it on line just never tried. Maybe someone that has can give us some highlights.

Checked Wednesday last week and our passports are being processed, but it said it could take 3-4 weeks. So we will see what happens.

My wife applied for her first passport and I renewed mine in September. It was 20 days from the day we dropped the applications off at our local library to when we got our passports and documents back in the mail at the same time. I was very impressed with the turnaround speed.

I know you can do it on line just never tried. Maybe someone that has can give us some highlights.

Checked Wednesday last week and our passports are being processed, but it said it could take 3-4 weeks. So we will see what happens.

Calling it "online" is a stretch. When you go to the State Department's website and go through the process, you are simply creating a PDF file for printing. You still need to sign it and mail it in to the Philadelphia processing center. If it's a renewal you also must send your old passport in.

While New Zealand's process sounds great, I'm not sure it would be scalable in the US.

My wife and I renewed our passports two weeks ago via our local post-office. We had our photos taken at AAA (cheaper at CostCo) and did all the paperwork at the post office, put it all (paperwork, old passport, and check for $110 each) in a registered (?) Post Office envelope and off it went.

Today 11/03/14 I saw that the checks had cleared our bank. On checking with the government online passport web site and entering the required data we see that the processing time will be 4 to 6 weeks as per our original expectations.

Our passports may arrive sooner but we are not holding our breath. As a future guide to anyone re-newing I would say count on the 6 weeks and be nicely surprised if it is less.

I mailed our paperwork to renew our passports on Friday, October 24th and they arrived yesterday Wednesday, November 5th. That's a week and a half port to port. Not bad.

Now I can finish inputting all our information for Princess. :D

Last August we submitted our information to renew our passports at the local post office. It took a week and a half for the new passports to arrive at our door. They told us it would take a 3-4 weeks when we filed. I imagine it is partially due to the work load at the pass port center when your application arrives. I imagine there are some months when the volume is high and some with low volume.

Ours come from New Orleans and have always gotten them back within a week of sending them...even during 9/11. We applied for the first time then and I thought it would take forever, but it didn't!