Michael's Club: What's available

Classynfun1

Hi all!

We will be on the Celebrity Summit in a few weeks and I'm trying to decide if we should/need to purchase a beverage package now (and save money with the credit card discount) or just forego it for this cruise. After weighing the pros and cons, it's basically going to come down to what is available in Michael's Club for us. I drink wine, craft beer, vodka, and fruity drinks every now and then. BF likes craft beer, red wine, and scotch. Obviously we won't be drinking every drink in there, but if we end up being able to consume a few each afternoon/evening, then the other drinks we purchase outside of Michael's club will not make it worth our while to purchase the package on such a port intensive cruise.

For any that have sailed recently and have info, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you!

Classy what is the credit card discount? I booked the drink package on our Dec cruise, because we like the other bars especially the Martini Bar . I used my RCCL Signature Visa card, but I did not get a discount of any kind (?), I was told it was only for Elite plus and above 10% off. Please share if I was told wrong.

I don't see the need to purchase a package if you have access to Michael's Club. you can get virtually whatever you want there. If they don't have it they will try to get it for you. You can take drinks from MC and so you can take one to dinner or if you want to join friends outside MC. The door is kept unlocked and you can take bottled water, iced teas, soft drinks from the cooler anytime you wish. Been in MC for 2 cruises and so far never had a problem. A package will expand options, but unless you are a heavy drinker it would most probably be a savings to pay for any drinks outside MC.

Stayed in an RS on the Summit in August. I was told by the Michaels concierge that any alcoholic drinks must be consumed within the venue. No takeout! :(

We were told the same thing RE Michael's Club on Summit by Jollie (same cruise as MGK), no alcohol outside the club. Soda, bottled water and coffee was OK. I could see this changing to this policy and why it is this way. We're boarding in a couple of weeks on Millennium, so we'll see if it is the same.

Incidentially, with this policy, I'd prefer to have a beverage pacakage for convience, but it isn't really necessary cost wise, it really wouldn't make sense for us.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Will they mix a martini in Michael's? We'll be there for the first time on Reflection in January.

Definitely. They have a full bar, mixers, etc and if they don't have something, for the most part, they will get it and have it available for the remainder of the cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

What are the hours that alcoholic drinks are served in Michaels Club Thanks

We stopped by a few mornings to pickup water, and later in e evening and there was usually someone there, but we didn't visit often mid-day. I think it can vary, especially between sea days and port days. I think it was staffed with a bartender / server, including breakfast, until 10 or 11 pm wbut I think they'd stay within reason if someone was there drinking. There maybe a late morning until mid afternoon break with no server / bartender.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

What kind of breakfast was offered?

Nothing worth writing home about; continental. We much more enjoy having it delivered.

Incidentally, the evening bites weren't too special either.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Ps I don't think your hair was frizzy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classy what is the credit card discount? I booked the drink package on our Dec cruise, because we like the other bars especially the Martini Bar . I used my RCCL Signature Visa card, but I did not get a discount of any kind (?), I was told it was only for Elite plus and above 10% off. Please share if I was told wrong.

Hi There!

Sorry it took me so long to see this. I'm not sure about the card you mentioned, as I have a Celebrity Sigature Preferred Visa. They may be the same - I just don't know! That said, if you call in advance to the phone number provided (it's the Captain's Club) and purchase through them at least seven days before the cruise, they verify the credit card and give the discount while paying with that card over the phone. It doesn't work when you purchase via the internet or anyone else at Celebrity. There is a beverage package discount and also one for specialty dining.

Does that explanation make sense?

We were told the same thing RE Michael's Club on Summit by Jollie (same cruise as MGK), no alcohol outside the club. Soda, bottled water and coffee was OK. I could see this changing to this policy and why it is this way. We're boarding in a couple of weeks on Millennium, so we'll see if it is the same.

Incidentially, with this policy, I'd prefer to have a beverage pacakage for convience, but it isn't really necessary cost wise, it really wouldn't make sense for us.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Clearly it is different from one ship to another. April panama canal on infinity they went to the extent of giving me a 750 ml bottle of frambra lambech spelling on both wrong to take to dinner with me. They opened it with cork puller and sent me on my way. We met some very nice people the first few days and we all met for cocktails everyday from then on. Yes they do blender drinks wife got hooked on BBC a chocolate and bailey and ice cream drink the bar tender did for the girls. During the day we would go there for quite place to read.

Clearly it is different from one ship to another. April panama canal on infinity they went to the extent of giving me a 750 ml bottle of frambra lambech spelling on both wrong to take to dinner with me. They opened it with cork puller and sent me on my way. We met some very nice people the first few days and we all met for cocktails everyday from then on. Yes they do blender drinks wife got hooked on BBC a chocolate and bailey and ice cream drink the bar tender did for the girls. During the day we would go there for quite place to read.

I hope we get treatment more like this on our upcomming cruise. My feeling is they may have tightened up a bit since Spring. We sailed late summer. We'll see if it is inconsistent, or an evolution.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi all, We were on Summit this past June. When I got up to leave Michael's, I was told that I could not leave with the bourbon I had in my hand. My DW although was able to leave with her bottle of water. Go figure! As for the atmosphere, for me it was great. It was quiet, had sports on tv at all times and they were able to find 6 Groelch beer for me. In my glory. As for my DW, If she could turn off the TV and read her book, she would have liked it. We did find having a designated concierge was a very helpful perk to the RS. I can't comment on the other things served as I felt they were still getting equipped for when Michael's will be fully in service.

I hope we get treatment more like this on our upcomming cruise. My feeling is they may have tightened up a bit since Spring. We sailed late summer. We'll see if it is inconsistent, or an evolution.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna, you will be happy to know that I read about another ship's Michael's Club allowing drinks to be taken out of it as recently as last month. Looks like this is specific to Summit, or more specifically, Jolie. I guess she is still on board Summit too :(

Jenna, you will be happy to know that I read about another ship's Michael's Club allowing drinks to be taken out of it as recently as last month. Looks like this is specific to Summit, or more specifically, Jolie. I guess she is still on board Summit too :(

Jolie was wonderful, we've kept in touch a bit since the cruise as I had a couple of dresses not returned when we left the Summit. We met up when the Summit was in Portland. If this is something just on the Summit, I would say it was Jolie's ONLY weakness, but maybe she is just following the rules, when others are not.

We don't have a drink package on our next cruise, as it just doesn't pay financially, especially as we prefer to have a bottle to share as opposed to wines by the glass. Its close, and a package would be more convenient, but with Michael's club, it pays even less as we can occasionally grab some water and soda there, and if we can occasionally leave with a drink, even better.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Would Michael's do Chai Tea Lattes? On S class the butlers will not bring it as it is made in Al Bacio rather than upstairs at the bar.

Thanks,

Sharie (sometimes with frizzy hair)

I'm really surprised you could not get a Chai Tea Latte, I would have pushed back against a "no". I do love an occasionally Chai Mocca Latte. They have a nespresso machine in Mchael's. I'm not really into coffee, and it was too hot for chai for me, so I didn't check.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

MC Concierge was Jolie/Jole (sp?) on Summit.

We were on Summit's 10/5 14-night sailing with Jole Jacoby (pronounced Yo-La) from Belgium as our wonderful Michael's Club concierge.

We really enjoyed the atmosphere and service in MC. It was a little sanctuary we used to occasionally get away from the crowds and the "techno vibe" of our usual hang-out, the Martini bar.

We had a fun core group of guests in MC which led to very pleasant conversation before dinner many evenings. One afternoon, I poked my head into MC to see a couple of friends enjoying an Irish coffee. It was a really nice treat that hadn't occurred to me.

My husband & I also had coffee and a light continental breakfast in there many mornings. I had a small bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon & DH usually had a pastry. The offerings weren't extensive, but there are other places on the ship to go for bigger breakfasts. With my shellfish allergy, I was more relaxed avoiding the buffet area. MC had a nice atmosphere for us to saver our morning coffee and read the news. We then moved on to other venues and activities. I usually enjoyed a late morning 2nd latte and a yummy small pastry at Café al Bacio.

The stated rule for MC was that drinks in glassware (IE alcoholic drinks) could not be removed from the lounge. Rule didn't really make sense to me, since we had 2 bottles provided in our RS and Bev packages, but Celebrity seems to be feeling their way into phasing in the new "Suite Class" perks (set to officially debut next April.) It really wasn't a problem but did seem wasteful to me. I'm a very slow drinker, and left behind my barely drunk Cosmo when we left for the shows most nights.

We particularly enjoyed several evenings when Jole booked Tami, a very good keyboard player, into the MC lounge. We also had invitations to other special events arranged by Jole. We felt the MC Lounge and concierge , Jole, really enhanced our experience.

We hope to cruise with Jole again someday!

Jane

I'm really surprised you could not get a Chai Tea Latte, I would have pushed back against a "no". I do love an occasionally Chai Mocca Latte. They have a nespresso machine in Mchael's. I'm not really into coffee, and it was too hot for chai for me, so I didn't check.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

These were both sky suite experiences. An S2 and S1. One flat out said no, it would interfere with his other passengers service and the other got a pained look on his face and explained how far the walk would be and that he could only bring items from the buffet bar area. I admit, I dropped by that area and taught a guy how to make one but he seemed disinterested. I do not do well with the coffees either but I like tea anything. Going to try a chai Mocca latte.

Maybe upper suite butler experience is better. We enjoyed both our butlers, it would have been nice to have this though and not have to cue up at Al Bacio in the morning.

These were both sky suite experiences. An S2 and S1. One flat out said no, it would interfere with his other passengers service and the other got a pained look on his face and explained how far the walk would be and that he could only bring items from the buffet bar area. I admit, I dropped by that area and taught a guy how to make one but he seemed disinterested. I do not do well with the coffees either but I like tea anything. Going to try a chai Mocca latte.

Maybe upper suite butler experience is better. We enjoyed both our butlers, it would have been nice to have this though and not have to cue up at Al Bacio in the morning.

This is interesting. About half our sailings have been in RS/CS and the other half in SS. We do feel we have received better service in general from our CS butlers, but I think it is the butler's themselves, that being said, we've had one AS/SS butler twice, Alex who is a more senior butler and was good.

Alex did tell us they put the newest butlers on S-Class on the SS on the back, because it is the hardest and they end up running the furthest, it makes some sense I guess, senior staff, gets upper suites, but maybe they do need more training.

We have also received Coffee directly from Cafe Al Bacio, at least that's what the to go cup said :) I wasn't actually aware they had specialty coffees in other places, I don't actually drink coffee ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

P.s. I think she pronounces Jole more like YoLee

Edited by need2bespoiled

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread

We booked a TA on Equinox today -- a suite -- and I am interested in Michael's Club as a "substitute" for buying a drink package. We are not big drinkers. What am I most interested in is the availability of sodas (for my husband), fresh juices (e.g. OJ), specialty coffees (lattes), beer, water and wine. If those are available we are completely covered. From reading this thread it appears that soda and water are covered. The Nespresso machine is nice but is there a conventional espresso machine for making lattes and cappuccinos? What wine selection can we expect?

Can anyone answer this?

Just found this thread

We booked a TA on Equinox today -- a suite -- and I am interested in Michael's Club as a "substitute" for buying a drink package. We are not big drinkers. What am I most interested in is the availability of sodas (for my husband), fresh juices (e.g. OJ), specialty coffees (lattes), beer, water and wine. If those are available we are completely covered. From reading this thread it appears that soda and water are covered. The Nespresso machine is nice but is there a conventional espresso machine for making lattes and cappuccinos? What wine selection can we expect?

Can anyone answer this?

All of this is available, and the Nespresso is a traditional espresso machine to steam milk etc. If they don't have something you'd like, they will get it and stock it. It may depend on the ship if they let you remove it from the lounge though Lucy has told us you are supposed to be allowed.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

All of this is available, and the Nespresso is a traditional espresso machine to steam milk etc. If they don't have something you'd like, they will get it and stock it. It may depend on the ship if they let you remove it from the lounge though Lucy has told us you are supposed to be allowed.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the quick response

Just found this thread

Can anyone answer this?

Jenna was kind enough to fully answer your question while floating around the pacific on her Asian cruise. A couple of times I have seen people misunderstand the Michael's benefits thinking they are for all suites. You probably know this, but as so many of us are new to the new benefits, I will add it is for CS and above.