OASIS- New Grand Balcony's/Secret Aft Balcony

akolasz

We just got off yesterday. They were still working out on the balconies early in the week. One thing I saw them doing was installing a partition between the balcony and the entrance to the Aqua Theater control booth on Deck 12. I didn't see any activity out there at the end of the week, but there still wasn't any balcony furniture for any of the new suites.

The new Royal suites didn't look as far along...those balconies are still a mess from what I could see.

Just booked with deposit, the new GS 14330!!! So excited to have this cabin for my very first Oasis cruise!!! :p

You should love it Robyn. Your suite will be 421 sf vs 371 sf for a regular GS and your balcony (which will afford sea views and Aqua Theater views) will be 136 sf vs 114 sf for a regular GS suite. Sounds great !! Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

You should love it Robyn. Your suite will be 421 sf vs 371 sf for a regular GS and your balcony (which will afford sea views and Aqua Theater views) will be 136 sf vs 114 sf for a regular GS suite. Sounds great !! Gerry

Looking at pictures on this thread, I am trying to figure out if our cabin has the smallest balcony? Not that it really matters that much, but I am curious. Is there any disadvantage to deck 14? I realize these cabins are still under construction, so where is all of the specific info coming from?

Looking at pictures on this thread, I am trying to figure out if our cabin has the smallest balcony? Not that it really matters that much, but I am curious. Is there any disadvantage to deck 14? I realize these cabins are still under construction, so where is all of the specific info coming from?

I have 14730 booked for August and I honestly would not change to the 11th or 12th deck even if the opportunity came up. It appears that the 14th deck has two separate balconies as well as floor to ceiling windows right on the edge of the ship. The other two suites do not have those windows. Their balconies are larger but unless you have a large group that you want to invite to the suite you probably wouldn't need all that balcony. I have been emailing a lady that was just on Oasis and she visited with the construction manager about the rooms. He told her that even though the GS on deck 14 was the smallest, it afforded the BEST views and that is the one he would choose. That's all I needed to hear!! Don't second guess your decision. I think you may have one of the best rooms on the entire ship!

I have 14730 booked for August and I honestly would not change to the 11th or 12th deck even if the opportunity came up. It appears that the 14th deck has two separate balconies as well as floor to ceiling windows right on the edge of the ship. The other two suites do not have those windows. Their balconies are larger but unless you have a large group that you want to invite to the suite you probably wouldn't need all that balcony. I have been emailing a lady that was just on Oasis and she visited with the construction manager about the rooms. He told her that even though the GS on deck 14 was the smallest, it afforded the BEST views and that is the one he would choose. That's all I needed to hear!! Don't second guess your decision. I think you may have one of the best rooms on the entire ship!

Wooo hoooo! Thank you so much for that information and insight. I am beyond excited about this suite!! :D:D

Wonder if the GSs on 14 will have noise from the Flowriders.

Doesn't bother me, I'm rarely in the cabin during the day. I haven't read of any complaints about flow rider noise from anyone else that's stayed on 14?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't think so, since the Flow Riders are actually up a short staircase from Deck 15.

I have some pretty decent shots of the balconies of the new Grand Suites that I took last week. I'll try to get them posted to this thread in the next day or two.

I wouldn't think so, since the Flow Riders are actually up a short staircase from Deck 15.

I have some pretty decent shots of the balconies of the new Grand Suites that I took last week. I'll try to get them posted to this thread in the next day or two.

Oh PLEASE do Cindy! I would love to see those balcony shots! Thank you!

ckrobyn,

Yes, 14330 and 14730 have smaller balconies, but may have better views, so it's just a matter of personal preference. As far as where the info is coming from, the below info I copied and pasted came from the RCI website (updated with new aft GS info)...

Traditional Grand Suites feature a bedroom with two twin beds that convert to Royal King, living area with double sofa bed and lounge seating and a private bathroom with tub and two sinks. (cabin 371 square feet, balcony 114 square feet).

Deck 11 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (11330 and 11730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony lounge seating (cabin 466 sq. ft., balcony 470 sq. ft.).

Deck 12 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (12330 and 12730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony lounge seating (433 sq. ft., balcony 362 sq. ft.).

Deck 14 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (14330 and 14730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony lounge seating (421 sq. ft., balcony 136 sq. ft.).

Here are the related pages on the RCI website. If you take a look at the deck plans, you'll see what I mean about the size...

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2015-jun/oa_deck11_v2015_jun.pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2015-jun/oa_deck12_v2015_jun.pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2015-jun/oa_deck14_v2015_jun.pdf

I hope this helps!

ckrobyn,

Yes, 14330 and 14730 have smaller balconies, but may have better views, so it's just a matter of personal preference. As far as where the info is coming from, the below info I copied and pasted came from the RCI website (updated with new aft GS info)...

Traditional Grand Suites feature a bedroom with two twin beds that convert to Royal King, living area with double sofa bed and lounge seating and a private bathroom with tub and two sinks. (cabin 371 square feet, balcony 114 square feet).

Deck 11 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (11330 and 11730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony lounge seating (cabin 466 sq. ft., balcony 470 sq. ft.).

Deck 12 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (12330 and 12730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony lounge seating (433 sq. ft., balcony 362 sq. ft.).

Deck 14 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (14330 and 14730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony lounge seating (421 sq. ft., balcony 136 sq. ft.).

Here are the related pages on the RCI website. If you take a look at the deck plans, you'll see what I mean about the size...

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2015-jun/oa_deck11_v2015_jun.pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2015-jun/oa_deck12_v2015_jun.pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2015-jun/oa_deck14_v2015_jun.pdf

I hope this helps!

Kind of wondered about the balcony size on deck 14. Remember, if there are 2 balconies that 136 sf would be the toal size. It seems from pics I have seen the seaward facing balcony is rather small. (just a chair) ? That second balcony would take from the 136 sf of the total. Just a comment. I would still take deck 14 over any other traditional GS on the ship. That wall of glass between the two balconies appears to afford a neat view. I have 11330 for August. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Kind of wondered about the balcony size on deck 14. Remember, if there are 2 balconies that would be the toal size. It seems from pics I have seen the seaward facing balcony is rather small. (just a chair) ? That second balcony would take from the 136 sf of the total. Just a comment. I would still take deck 14 over any other GS onthe ship. Gerry

Gerry, I think you're correct about the two sections adding up to the 136 total area. I would guess the loungers would be placed in the larger aft section and maybe a smaller chair or two could fit in the side-facing section.

Any of these six new aft GS's look like great cabins. I opted for deck 11 based solely on the balcony size, but certainly wouldn't turn down deck 14 either! Kind of like mini-aquasuites without the price.

Gerry, I think you're correct about the two sections adding up to the 136 total area. I would guess the loungers would be placed in the larger aft section and maybe a smaller chair or two could fit in the side-facing section.

Any of these six new aft GS's look like great cabins. I opted for deck 11 based solely on the balcony size, but certainly wouldn't turn down deck 14 either! Kind of like mini-aquasuites without the price.

Exactly. Hoping RCI doesn't get any ideas to create a new mini Aquasuite price structure. I think these suites, ( if the pictures hold true when we finally see them), will be IMO one of the best bangs for your buck on this class ship. I saw these available one evening in doing a mock booking (my thread, Cabins That Don't Exist ?) and called RCI Oregon immediately. They could not tell me anything about them as they had just appeared on their screens. I think I was the first to transfer my existing GS to these new aft suites. I think we will all be pleased. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Exactly. Hoping RCI doesn't get any ideas to create a new mini Aquasuite price structure. I think these suites, ( if the pictures hold true when we finally see them), will be IMO one of the best bangs for your buck on this class ship. I saw these available one evening in doing a mock booking (my thread, Cabins That Don't Exist ?) and called RCI Oregon immediately. They could not tell me anything about them as they had just appeared on their screens. I think I was the first to transfer my existing GS to these new aft suites. I think we will all be pleased. Gerry

They would be foolish not to. Same goes with corner afts

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We have stayed in 14 several times in boardwalk balconies. When the balcony door is open during the day you can typically hear people talking, kids screaming as they are playing, but I have never heard the florider. But maybe aft ocean balconies could. But I doubt it would be any louder than just people noise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums