Carnival Pride Dry Dock

momof2cruiser

Tampa is different though, its not just like the ships can come and go as they please. The port authority along with the coast guard sets up certain windows of when ships can come in and out of the port because of the narrow channels from the port to the bay and also under the skyway. So if the first window is missed they will usually have to wait until 830-930 until it's cleared for outbound ships.

I have a feeling a lot of these delays are due to Carnivals food distributors and its own commissary figuring out delivery logistics. Lately they've only been supplying Paradise and now that HAL and Carnival both have ships in the port sailing the same day the deliveries are all out of whack. On top of that one ship is still trying to figure out the best order to load everything on being mostly new crew. I'm just speculating but to me it seems to be the only real thing that would be holding these ships back from sailing on time and missing the window to leave.

Tampa is different though, its not just like the ships can come and go as they please. The port authority along with the coast guard sets up certain windows of when ships can come in and out of the port because of the narrow channels from the port to the bay and also under the skyway. So if the first window is missed they will usually have to wait until 830-930 until it's cleared for outbound ships.

I have a feeling a lot of these delays are due to Carnivals food distributors and its own commissary figuring out delivery logistics. Lately they've only been supplying Paradise and now that HAL and Carnival both have ships in the port sailing the same day the deliveries are all out of whack. On top of that one ship is still trying to figure out the best order to load everything on being mostly new crew. I'm just speculating but to me it seems to be the only real thing that would be holding these ships back from sailing on time and missing the window to leave.

And then there's the fog....

Carnival Paradise was affected by fog last Monday not being able to pass underneath the Skyway until around 1130 and arriving at the pier after 2PM. Debark went somewhat smoothly as did the very delayed embark that started up around 530PM.

Ironically even though embark was completed around 930PM and the ship was re-provisioned by midnight the fog rolled back in and the ship was placed at station keeping until 1030AM the next morning...however...the fog dissipated enough that she was able to shove off around 330AM.

There's no fog today for the Carnival Pride that is currently inbound to the pier so we'll see what happens today at 4PM; keep your fingers crossed!

And then there's the fog....

Carnival Paradise was affected by fog last Monday not being able to pass underneath the Skyway until around 1130 and arriving at the pier after 2PM. Debark went somewhat smoothly as did the very delayed embark that started up around 530PM.

Ironically even though embark was completed around 930PM and the ship was re-provisioned by midnight the fog rolled back in and the ship was placed at station keeping until 1030AM the next morning...however...the fog dissipated enough that she was able to shove off around 330AM.

There's no fog today for the Carnival Pride that is currently inbound to the pier so we'll see what happens today at 4PM; keep your fingers crossed!

Yeah fog was a major issue last Monday. I live 30 minutes from the port and it was hard to see anywhere around here. I was just reffering to why the pride has been delayed as it hasn't experienced a fog delay yet.

You will all be happy to know that the Carnival Pride left on time this afternoon shortly after 4PM.

That is great to hear; was getting a little concerned for our upcoming cruise out of Tampa on Dec. 21. Hopefully that weekend their will be no issues coming or going.

Just got off the Pride today. We didn't leave last week until after 9:00 pm. In the wee hours of that first night the Captain had to blow the fog horn for awhile. It was like soup outside and you couldn't see anything. Glad there weren't any other ships around.

Just got off the Pride today. We didn't leave last week until after 9:00 pm. In the wee hours of that first night the Captain had to blow the fog horn for awhile. It was like soup outside and you couldn't see anything. Glad there weren't any other ships around.

I don't like the sound of that. :eek: How common is fog at this time of year in Tampa??

i don't like the sound of that. :eek: How common is fog at this time of year in tampa??

Very common!!! Although it's a little early, it does happen for the next few months.

Edited by rolaur

Just home from the Pride. 2.0 upgrades are awesome! We did miss Belize and switched Grand Cayman for Costa Maya due to weather. Crew was outstanding as always. Love the Alchemy Bar. If I can get pictures sorted out and figure out how to post them I will try to get a short review done over the weekend. Wish the Pride would stay in Tampa but know we are getting the Miracle back next year hopefully it will get the 2.0 upgrades first.

Just home from the Pride. 2.0 upgrades are awesome! We did miss Belize and switched Grand Cayman for Costa Maya due to weather. Crew was outstanding as always. Love the Alchemy Bar. If I can get pictures sorted out and figure out how to post them I will try to get a short review done over the weekend. Wish the Pride would stay in Tampa but know we are getting the Miracle back next year hopefully it will get the 2.0 upgrades first.

Where did you hear about the Miracle ? When is it coming back and how long might it stay ?

We were told onboard after complaining to a crew member about Tampa not having a large ship. The Legend is supposed to go to Alaska next year. I have t looked to see if there are 7 day cruises from Tampa in May or June yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet...and I wouldn't be surprised as the Carnival Miracle will always be welcome here at Port Tampa Bay!

I'd more than welcome it too since flights to Tampa are cheap and I have relatives nearby - makes cruising a whole lot cheaper for us northerners.

Plus if they were to move the Miracle, that would mean a Panama Canal transit :-)

I'd more than welcome it too since flights to Tampa are cheap and I have relatives nearby - makes cruising a whole lot cheaper for us northerners.

Plus if they were to move the Miracle, that would mean a Panama Canal transit :-)

It would certainly make sense as Port Tampa Bay is an incredibly popular cruise port currently servicing 6 cruise ships during the winter season with Carnival always operating 2 ships throughout the year so Miracle is more than welcome!

Edited by Captain Carnival