Carnival Pride Dry Dock

momof2cruiser

Hmmmm....When you say the Alchemy bar is "FOUR TIMES" the size of other Alchemy bars, is that referring to the bar itself, like it used to seat 10, now seats 40, or the bar and surrounding seating area?

Bar and surrounding seating area - it's huge! JH now has photos up as well. TONS of new Pride pics posted within the last hour!

HERE SHE COMES.......the web cams are UP

http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com

However, I think they have the wrong itinerary. They list the Pride returning to Baltimore not Tampa. I am pretty sure she should be going to Tampa because I believe she is leaving tomorrow from there. Anyone on tomorrow's Pride cruise can you clear up where she is supposed to be sailing from. Thanks and happy sailing.:)

However' date=' I think they have the wrong itinerary. They list the Pride returning to Baltimore not Tampa. I am pretty sure she should be going to Tampa because I believe she is leaving tomorrow from there. Anyone on tomorrow's Pride cruise can you clear up where she is supposed to be sailing from. Thanks and happy sailing.:)[/quote']

The Carnival website is wrong as usual. She's headed to Florida for the winter like everyone else....LOL!

The Carnival website is wrong as usual. She's headed to Florida for the winter like everyone else....LOL!

If you go to the booking pages of Carnivals website, it shows the Pride leaving tomorrow from Tampa for a scheduled 7 day western caribbean cruise. The Pride will do similar itineraries from Tampa until March, when the Pride will be re-located back to Baltimore.....where she belongs.

First thing I looked for when the updated deck plans were posted was the "bowling alley balcony" we have booked for the Pride's repo cruise in March. Not happy to see a new line on the deck plans; wondering if the bowling alley balcony is no more.

Miracle deck plan for reference:

MiracleDeckPlan.JPG

See that nice big balcony for cabin 6232? This is what it looked like:

Pride%206232%20bowling%20alley%20balcony.JPG

Now the newly released Pride deck plan:

Pride-NewDeckPlan.JPG

:(

First thing I looked for when the updated deck plans were posted was the "bowling alley balcony" we have booked for the Pride's repo cruise in March. Not happy to see a new line on the deck plans; wondering if the bowling alley balcony is no more.

MiracleDeckPlan.JPG

Pride-NewDeckPlan.JPG

We booked this room for our may cruise specifically for the bigger balcony. I hope they did not change the size of the balcony! If anyone finds out more info about this please post it.

While we didn't book our cruise specifically for that balcony, it was the only reason we booked a balcony cabin. We had planned on an interior with french doors and only upgraded to a balcony because we booked so early and I discovered this much-lauded bowling alley balcony was available. While not a deal-breaker in terms of the cruise - we're still going no matter what - I am going to be sorely disappointed in a "regular" extended balcony if that is indeed the case, knowing we could have spent significantly less for our originally intended french door interior. Prices have since skyrocketed and we have no way to switch under original pricing. :(

Waiting on confirmation one way or another...

Hey Guys - So after our Freedom cruise, I friended a couple of the Alchemy bar staff on a social media site. One of them is assigned to the new Alchemy Bar on the Pride and he joined the ship last week in dry dock. He's been posting AMAZING pictures of the new Alchemy Bar. It is FOUR TIMES the size of the Alchemy Bar found on the Conquest class! Very sleek and modern, with lots of seating! So fellow Alchemy Bar fans, get excited! If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will do so!

We were on Freedom in July and loved the Alchemy Bar. Daniel is the first one that comes to mind. FANTASTIC drinks. I want to see the Alchemy Bar pics! where are they? Which bartenders are moving to the Pride? Thanks!

Edited by jacmo24

AQW - That line has been on all the deckplans I have seen since I booked that cabin in May 2014 for Sept 2015. I have never seen the "line"-free version for the Pride deck plans but am reasonably sure that the balcony has continued to be bowling alley length all along.

Thinking positively - happy cruising!

Andrea

AQW - That line has been on all the deckplans I have seen since I booked that cabin in May 2014 for Sept 2015. I have never seen the "line"-free version for the Pride deck plans but am reasonably sure that the balcony has continued to be bowling alley length all along.

Thinking positively - happy cruising!

Andrea

Thanks Andrea... waiting for post-dry dock confirmation and keeping my fingers crossed!

I've heard conflicting reports on the Honeymoon/Weddings board. We got married in the Chapel last year and it was gorgeous. If they do get rid of the chapel, I hope they'd replace it with something where a wedding could be held. There are only so many places to have a wedding onboard and it'd limit them to two a sailing instead of three.

The chapel still shows on the new deck plans :D

MiracleDeckPlan.JPG

Pride-NewDeckPlan.JPG

There should be no reason for that change, it probably is a typo. The 2.0 rehab was not touching the cabins. Besides, why would they shorten a balcony like that when the space behind it is empty. Better off giving it to a customer. Good luck and hope it stays how it was.