How can I book this?

pls5286

Hi everyone! We are looking at Freedom of the Seas in 2016. We are looking to go either late April or 1st week in Oct. What will be the best way to book this? The cheapest?

The parents want a balcony stateroom. We will have the baby in the room to sleep with us.

We will have our baby with us (approx. 1 yr old). We will also have DS19, his girlfriend, who will be 18, our DD13 and will allow her to bring a friend so she will have someone to hang out with. So it will be 2 parents, 5 "kids", 2 of which will be legal adults and college students or almost. DS will be in college definitely, his GF graduates in May 2015.

The kids can stay in any category.

Thanks

When we went on the Liberty (Sister ship to Freedom) We had 2 adults and 5 kids too.

We booked a balcony cabin for my husband and I and then 2 connecting promenade rooms across the hall. The 2 boys (12 and 14) stayed in one room and the 2 girls (18 and 19) and my grandson (2) stayed in the other. You could probably go even cheaper doing a balcony and then 2 insides across the hall. But for the little bit of price difference we thought it would be nice for the kids to have a window to see on to the promenade.

You can book kids without an adult as long as they are across the hall or next door to your room. You might have a problem with the 13 year olds friend since she isn't family. If that is a problem then book You, the baby and one of the 13 year olds in the balcony, and then your husband and the other 13 year old in the room across the hall. When you get on board go to guest services to get a duplicate key for the other room. You can then sleep however you want! You shouldn't have a problem booking your son and gf since they are both over 18. Even though Royals policy is 21 to book, since he is your son and you are across the hall.

Edited by readytolose

Keep in mind that minimum age to cruise as an adult in a cabin by yourself is 21.

Your children can be in a cabin by themselves if it is directly beside yours or directly across the hall.

You could put one adult (over 21) in a balcony with a child. The other adult in an inside with a child and the other 3 children in a cabin directly beside that inside.

Once on board get extra keys made and swap rooms.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The cheapest would be two state rooms, most probably one balcony and one inside. He would have to have one parent assigned to each room at booking and get room keys onboard to swap rooms around.

You might look into the family suites, which accommodate 8 in two bedrooms. I would let a travel agent do the worrying and let you know what is feasible and makes most sense.