Suggestions for CT hotel

Pat

We are driving into NYC for a NCL cruise on 11/15. We are planning on driving most of the way on the 14th. We would like to stop about 1.5 to 2 hours from the pier and think that will be somewhere between Hartford and New Haven, CT on either I-91 or CT-15(Wilber Cross Parkway). We plan to take the parkway into the city. Anyone familiar with this area that could recommend a safe, clean(not too expensive) place to stay for the night of the 14th? Lots of places on internet sites, but I'd rather get some personal recommendations if possible. Thank you so much for your help!!!

We often Hotwire a 3* and up hotel in Stamford and have gotten the Hampton Inn, the Sheraton, and the Holiday Inn Express and have been very happy with all of them. The Sheraton and Holiday Inn charge for parking. However, the last time we stayed at the Holiday Inn, we just parked across the street on a side road.

These hotels are further down than your target area and are closer to I95, but we have been very happy with the results and particularly the price.

If you are going to be on the Wilbur Cross/Merit Pkwy, there are many decent, safe, inexpensive places to stay in the "strip" between Wethersfield, Newington, Berlin. There's Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and probably more national chains that I just don't recall at the moment. Google them and check out locations and prices. All of them, parking is at no charge. THere are also many, many inexpensive "mom & pop" motels. There are many fast food and chain restaurants (like Chili's Bertucci's, Outback, etc). If you stayed along that strip, you'd be just a tad over 2 hrs from the NYC terminal and continuing down the Meritt, which turns into the "Hutch" in NY (Hutchinson River Pkwy) is the easiest and least stressful way to get to the pier.

Edited by marco