Live from Explorer's final round-trip out of New Jersey

I see Bruno is back. I see you took a picture of him in the main dining room. He was the manager of the Windjammer for years. On our last cruise we were told he was transferred to Allure. I guess he came back for the last few cruises. He is a great guy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by lovetocruiserccl

Turnaround was a bit slow. It was slow loading the bus on both ends. The bus waited forever before letting us off at the terminal building. The customs/immigration part was instantaneous. The guy said "hello and goodbye" as he took the declarations form. The GS lady did not give us our new Sea Pass cards until we were on the bus heading back to the ship. They transferred our photos electronically, so we did not have to stop for that step of the process.

People were actually boarding for the first time on our heels.

Consecutive cruisers luncheon in the MDR was lovely. I had a salad with fried goat cheese, some nice salmon, and a truly delicious apple pie.

I guess that it makes sense to close out this thread now.

I assume that you all would like a Live From Explorer's 14 Night Repositioning Cruise to the Southern Caribbean and Port Canaveral thread?

:)

Of course!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is gonna be my second rainy sailaway on Explorer. I know it's sunny somewhere. Waiting in line in the taxi now. Area, er building 51.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sunny in Cocoa Beach / Port Canaveral. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Turnaround was a bit slow. It was slow loading the bus on both ends. The bus waited forever before letting us off at the terminal building. The customs/immigration part was instantaneous. The guy said "hello and goodbye" as he took the declarations form. The GS lady did not give us our new Sea Pass cards until we were on the bus heading back to the ship. They transferred our photos electronically, so we did not have to stop for that step of the process.

Consecutive cruisers luncheon in the MDR was lovely. I had a salad with fried goat cheese, some nice salmon, and a truly delicious apple pie.

I assume that you all would like a Live From Explorer's 14 Night Repositioning Cruise to the Southern Caribbean and Port Canaveral thread?

I wouldn't miss it!!! I'll be tuning in!! :D

turnaround was a bit slow. It was slow loading the bus on both ends. The bus waited forever before letting us off at the terminal building. The customs/immigration part was instantaneous. The guy said "hello and goodbye" as he took the declarations form. The gs lady did not give us our new sea pass cards until we were on the bus heading back to the ship. They transferred our photos electronically, so we did not have to stop for that step of the process.

Consecutive cruisers luncheon in the mdr was lovely. I had a salad with fried goat cheese, some nice salmon, and a truly delicious apple pie.

I assume that you all would like a live from explorer's 14 night repositioning cruise to the southern caribbean and port canaveral thread?

Yes!!!

Edited by Loves_Dogs

Hopefully you will depart in New terminal

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Do you really have to ask that question Carol? ;)

HECK YES!!!

Tim

What else can you find out for us, Merion_Mom??? I'd LOVE to get back on EX after the dry dock and see all the changes. Bt our next ship will be Liberty instead.

It would be nice if they brought her back to Bayonne for a few months after dry dock so those of us who cruised her many times (15 for me) can see and enjoy the changes.

Theresa

It would be nice if they brought her back to Bayonne for a few months after dry dock so those of us who cruised her many times (15 for me) can see and enjoy the changes.

Theresa

Unfortunately, she will be long gone, in Cadiz, Spain for the dry dock.

I will now take a little time to address recent comments about the Explorer, on several recent threads.

My friend Ruth is a vegan. She has told people on Cruise Critic how well she has been treated in getting good dinners in the MDR. This cruise, not so much. They are making her jump through hoops every night, instead of just making her vegan meals. She is quite frustrated and tired of the ordeal. One night they brought her gluten-free pasta, as though all food requests are the same. One of the chefs was brought out to talk to her, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Well, this is a ten-top. Eleven is too crowded. If you are a party of 11 and WANT to be squished in to accommodate you all sitting together, that is one thing. I don't want to be squished at dinner.

After dinner tonight, when Ruth & I were the last ones there, we spoke to our headwaiter. Instead of acknowledging our issue (squishing) and saying that he would try to do something about it, we had to listen to him explaining how overcrowded the dining room is, how everyone wants first seating, how some ten-tops have 12 people at them, how difficult it is to manage the dining room, blah, blah, blah.

I don't want to hear that. I don't need to listen to that. It's not MY problem; it's YOURS. Don't whine to me how tough your job is. Smile and tell me that you will look into it, even if you won't.

JMO

Carol, having cruised the Explorer many times I noticed many new faces at the headwaiter position and some with an attitude. I had some issues with MTD management (headwaiters), but finally got it fixed on day 3 and got a complimentary bottle of wine (that's how mad I was) and had no problems after that. The Explorer always had a great staff, but there are many new faces and changes and IMO not for the better.

Theresa

Unfortunately, she will be long gone, in Cadiz, Spain for the dry dock.

I know:( Wishful thinking on my part. You know what's funny I was on this cruise and I'm enjoying reading Carol's review and pictures.

Theresa

Edited by psupa

There was a special lunch for D+, PC & suites in a place hidden behind the Dragon's Breath Café. Cold lobster and ceviche in melon halves, skewers of shrimp or beef, giant sea scallops wrapped in bacon, grilled chicken breasts, and dishes of fruit. Drinks, of course: champagne, bloody mary, labadoozie.

I didn't know this. I guess I missed a great lunch, but our friends were with us and they are only Gold so I had a great burger;)

Theresa

Thank you so much for the first live report! l really like seeing up to date venues. The other "bad" thing about joining CC is that now I am learning what all I am missing not being D+ yet....lol. My DH and I thought we were spoiled just being Platinum. These reviews make me want to retire now and cruise indefinitely! 😆