Am I crazy?

AviGirl

A sincere thanks to everyone for helping me relax about my decision to stay in AQ!! Honestly, I thought I was going to get bombarded with "TAKE THE SUITE GUARANTEE!!!" LOL

Host Jazzbeau, to answer your question as to why we book AQ in the first place is for several reasons.

In no particular order...

- I frequent Persian Gardens

- I LOVE the shower in AQ

- I like the option of Blu for breakfast and may go for dinner once or twice.

- Water

- Extra Captain Club points (I am at Elite and working towards Elite+)

- And the fact that I know that only two adults will be next to me. We once booked a cruise that had two small children in the cabin with their parents next to me and it wasn't pleasant.

I usually get a decent deal on AQ that is less or similar to Concierge. So overall, AQ really works for us.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciated your input!

Edited by AviGirl

A sincere thanks to everyone for helping me relax about my decision to stay in AQ!! Honestly, I thought I was going to get bombarded with "TAKE THE SUITE GUARANTEE!!!" LOL

Host Jazzbeau, to answer your question as to why we book AQ in the first place is for several reasons.

In no particular order...

- I frequent Persian Gardens

- I LOVE the shower in AQ

- I like the option of Blu for breakfast and may go for dinner once or twice.

- Water

- Extra Captain Club points (I am at Elite and working towards Elite+)

- And the fact that I know that only two adults will be next to me. We once booked a cruise that had two small children in the cabin with their parents next to me and it wasn't pleasant.

I usually get a decent deal on AQ that is less or similar to Concierge. So overall, AQ really works for us.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciated your input!

This just proves, that everyone has there own reasons and benefits they prefer. It may be a bit like throwing darts against the wall an seeing which stick (for certain people). We shouldn't as a group, discount benefits that may be important to some. Cruise lines (airlines, hotels, etc) provide lots of benfits for loyalty status, room level, cabin, etc, knowing full well some will appeal to certain people, others won't. They're all sales tactics to get us, the consumers to buy (spend) more.

It sounds like you've made a great choice, based on what's important to you, which is all that should matter.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Personally speaking, I am no fan of AQ.

With that said, having the $600 obc is more than enough reason to not change, IMO. If Celebrity had been willing to give you, say, half of that for the switch, then I could see it being a difficult choice to make.

You definitely made the right choice for you. :)