Solstice 11 Night Alaska?

Fredric22

Has anyone taken this trip this year or last year? We are thinking about taking it next year, and I couldn't find any reviews of this 11 night itinerary. The ship leaves from Seattle and returns to Vancouver. It does this trip once at the end of every season. Thanks!

Has anyone taken this trip this year or last year? We are thinking about taking it next year, and I couldn't find any reviews of this 11 night itinerary. The ship leaves from Seattle and returns to Vancouver. It does this trip once at the end of every season. Thanks!

We did this trip just last month and it was amazing. It was our 8th time up to Alaska and we usually go in Sept and have had the greatest luck with weather, all but one time. This was one of the better weather trips. The Solstice is just gorgeous and I would highly recommend this cruise. If you need a hotel at which to stay on either end, I also highly recommend the Sheraton in downtown Seattle and the Pan Pacific in Vancouver. If you look for discount codes, you can get an awesome price when booking way out in the future. I always get refundable fares -- so if a better price comes along, I cancel and rebook.

We also sailed on the Solstice last year up to Alaska but only on a 7 night - Seattle roundtrip itinerary. That was also fabulous but like the 11 night a lot more....because there are 4 nights more to love.

Hi Fredric! We are booked on this cruise next Sept and very excited about it! We spent a couple days in Seattle a few years ago at the end of a Panama Canal repositioning and are looking forward to exploring more there. I have only sailed one S-class ship, the Silhouette, the rest of our cruises have been on M-class ships. Wasn't sure we'd like the bigger ship but it was really easy to navigate and we liked the larger selection of choices for dining...miss the m-class t-pool tho. If you decide to book, then please join our roll call...lots of b2b'ers on there!

Cathy

Thanks for the information! We just booked an A1. Looking forward to 11 nights in Alaska. We have been on Reflection and Silhouette and we are doing a 10 night Equinox in January. Fingers crossed we will have good weather!

No guarantees on weather in Alaska, as is the case anywhere really! I, also, hope (and have my fingers crossed:D) we have good weather as well as lots of wildlife sightings!! Come and join the roll call...it's a little slow right now, maybe it'll pick up after the holidays.

Cathy

• 2 months later...

Does anyone happen to know why this 11 night itinerary is not being offered in September of 2016? I was so excited to book such an amazing itinerary but saw that there really are no longer Alaskan cruises later in the 2016 season and none at all on the Solstice...