So Cheers is back to a flat $49.50 per day?

Rh2458

no, because as it is listed it is drink price + gratuity. gratuity is 15%.

for ease of computation, a gratuity of 15% on a 10.00 drink would be 1.50, so total price would be 11.50.

drinks listed at 10.29, 10.35, 10.92 would all be within that.

i don't know why the 12.75 is on there, but that was never included...

but it's not my spreadsheet, ask him/her :)

You are correct. The 12.75 drink would not have been included in cheers but would have got the 25% discount. The erroneous part is the part saying one only pays the difference on drinks above ten dollars.

You are correct. The 12.75 drink would not have been included in cheers but would have got the 25% discount. The erroneous part is the part saying one only pays the difference on drinks above ten dollars.

It is now included....the new program pays for things. You get that drink for $12.75, they pay the first $10....the rest goes on your sail and sign card. Which made more sense now....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Sage needs to correct some of this chart. Drinks priced above ten dollars are only discounted 25%. You do not pay the difference, you only get the discount. A drink that is listed at 10.25 will cost you $7.69+ gratuity.

Actually, that $10.25 drink is with gratuity added so it would be under $10 without gratuity and therefore included the Cheers program. Only the last drink would not be included.

It is now included....the new program pays for things. You get that drink for $12.75, they pay the first $10....the rest goes on your sail and sign card. Which made more sense now....

Do you have a first hand report of this being fact or a link to verbiage on the Carnival website that this is the new standard operating procedure regarding Cheers?

Hmm, $57.50.

So more expensive than RCI's Premium Drinks Package ($55 incl. tips).

Doesn't include bottle water like RCI does and a hard cut off which RCI also doesn't have.

Doesn't feel like a bargain.

Hmm, $57.50.

So more expensive than RCI's Premium Drinks Package ($55 incl. tips).

Doesn't include bottle water like RCI does and a hard cut off which RCI also doesn't have.

Doesn't feel like a bargain.

Not doing it at all.

If customers are still buying it after a 32% increase, Carnival's pricing department does not need an education. They are making more money for the company which is what EVERY company strives for.

Not if far less people purchase the plan, and decide to smuggle instead ! Time will tell.

If you can drink all 15 then yes, it's a pretty good deal. But most of us can't (or don't want to) drink all 15, each and every day.

I couldnt personally, however if it is still allowed as others have said theyve done to get the remainder of our drinks in unopened beers (getting one every 5 min or whatever the time limit is)that we can take back and store in our fridge, then it would be worth it for us since we're bringing our 23 and 25 year old sons and their g/fs, they can drink far more than we can :D

I couldnt personally, however if it is still allowed as others have said theyve done to get the remainder of our drinks in unopened beers (getting one every 5 min or whatever the time limit is)that we can take back and store in our fridge, then it would be worth it for us since we're bringing our 23 and 25 year old sons and their g/fs, they can drink far more than we can :D

Except sharing is a violation of the rules. :rolleyes:

I'm heading on two cruises in a few weeks and was planning on getting Cheers on both cruises. I was a little upset with the price increase, but still going to end up getting it... Why? ... Match play..

$5 match play x 15 drinks per day= $75 worth of match play tickets per day for the cost of $57.40 per day plus a heck of allot of drinking. Personally I cant drink all 15, so if Carnival wont let me give them away, ill just sip and dump some for the receipt.

So if you're a gambler like me, you still end up on top :cool:

Edited by mrneil001

Not if far less people purchase the plan, and decide to smuggle instead ! Time will tell.
You are forgetting that if people are not on the Cheers program , they will buy drinks.

Others will buy bottles which have although having a lower profit margin then bar drinks still

have a good markup. Not everyone will to "decide to smuggle instead !"

I'm heading on two cruises in a few weeks and was planning on getting Cheers on both cruises. I was a little upset with the price increase, but still going to end up getting it... Why? ... Match play..

$5 match play x 15 drinks per day= $75 worth of match play tickets per day for the cost of $57.40 per day plus a heck of allot of drinking. Personally I cant drink all 15, so if Carnival wont let me give them away, ill just sip and dump some for the receipt.

Good idea if you still get the $5 match play. If so Bravo !:D

Do you have a first hand report of this being fact or a link to verbiage on the Carnival website that this is the new standard operating procedure regarding Cheers?

I wondered the same hing. When I looked at Carnival's website, it still said 25% off drinks over $10. I thought maybe I was missing something.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I had read that the match plays ended this summer. Let us know if you find out different.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wondered the same hing. When I looked at Carnival's website, it still said 25% off drinks over $10. I thought maybe I was missing something.
That is the policy on Celebrity and Royal, but I still have not read it on the Carnival website or read any first hand reports of any of the ships in the Carnival fleet allowing it.

That contradicts Carnival's website but they have changed their minds often. When I mentioned the $10.25 drink I meant the " list price " not the after tip price on the chart posted.

That contradicts Carnival's website but they have changed their minds often. When I mentioned the $10.25 drink I meant the " list price " not the after tip price on the chart posted.

Read the bottom half.....it seems like that's what this means......

1414639497084.jpg.719c28ee2ea70144086848d7bc6e3843.jpg

Your completely right....my fault.

http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/cheers-beverage-program.php